Trent Richardson's Fantasy Value 2014

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Chris Maurice, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Chris Maurice

Chris Maurice Rookie

Richardson’s 2013 season started slow, only putting up 105 yards during his first two games in Cleveland; but then a saving grace for his fantasy owners–he was traded to the Indianapolis Colts. Going from an inconsistent offense in Cleveland to a high-powered offensive attack led by quarterback Andrew Luck in Indianapolis was just what Richardson needed. The Colts gave the Browns a first round draft pick for Richardson, so it was clear that they intended to use him. This was Richardson’s chance to break out and establish himself as one of the top running backs in the league. He started out well: his very first […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

"But with Brown gone, an offseason to learn the playbook, and a healthy offense around him, Richardson will have a much more productive year in 2014."

Wow, a Richardson fan.. by definition this has got to be the biggest high risk / high reward pick in the draft this year. I like the guts you show standing up for that guy.. but several Alabama backs seem to have serious trouble in the NFL.. the only one to thrive so far is Lacey, but he was head over heels better than Richardson and Ingram.

Only time will tell.. and in most leagues Im sure Richardson will drop to at least the 4th or 5th round which is about where I'd be willing to take that risk reward roll of the dice.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I agree. Seems like most of the bama backs are not doing so good. read an article about the situation. The train of thought is that they were beat up so much in college that their bodies and legs are worn out. Lacy just had one year I believe so he is much fresher.

4. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

Depending on where he falls to he could be some great value. A lot of people won't be willing to take an early risk on him. Could be a good 5th rounder and flirt with being RB1. Not worth going too early however.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I wouldent touch him with how high I got him last year my team bounced back but I started with McCoy Richardson last year idk what happened to him year before he won me a championship.

6. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

they also performed so we'll due to the unbelievable dominance of the Alabama line.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

t-rich is horrible. that is all.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

not sure if it is a typo or what. the sentence really don't make sense. But I think you meant that they ran behind a great line at Bama which is correct.

9. I tend to agree with this statement. Although, I think you may be able to get him as late as the 8th round in some leagues. He left a bad taste in alot of FF players mouth last year.