TV Blackouts Could Be Coming To Cleveland

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Oct 24, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Browns have yet to fall victim to the NFL's blackout rules since the franchise returned to Cleveland in 1999, but that could change in this season's second half. The Cleveland Plain-Dealer is reporting that the Browns have yet to sell out four of the remaining six home dates on the schedule. The list includes a Monday night game against Baltimore -- the rival franchise that left Cleveland -- on Nov. 16, as well as San Diego on Dec. 6, Oakland on Dec. 27 and Jacksonville on Jan. 3.

Source: SportingNews.com

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Man I hope that doesn't start happening in KC...

3. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Sorry to hear that. Could not happen to a nicer franchise.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Better than the staff infections and flu that have already arrived...

5. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

It's sad, but a decade of support from a blue collar city for an expansion level team isn't bad. Can't see any way that the Oakland or Jacksonville games get sold out unless Drew Carey buys the remaining tickets. If Baltimore had back to back losing seasons they'd have a blackout.

6. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

never a good thing when the fans cant view their game locally.......

7. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

So, light at the end of the tunnel for Browns fans after all?

8. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

Ouch, Tarkus LOL!!

They are a crapshow of a franchise, but have some loyal fanbase let me just say. THey've put up with blunder upon blunder for what seems like an eternity. If I didnt' detest the team so much, I might actually feel bad. IT is a shame though as I'd hate to not be able to watch my own teams game.

Question, if it's blacked out locally, does that include being blacked out on Sunday Ticket?

9. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Yeah, local blackout rules apply with DirecTV too.