TV STATION PULLS "SEINFELD" TO MESS WITH ELI

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by skinsfan1, Jan 16, 2008.

1. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

The Green Bay Fox affiliate WLUK says it will not air Seinfeld in its regular Saturday afternoon time slot because it's Eli Manning's favorite show and the station doesn't want Manning to feel welcome when his Giants visit the Packers.

"Why give comfort to the enemy?" said FOX 11 Vice President and General Manager Jay Zollar. "Green Bay Packers fans do not want any of the New York Giants to get a good night's sleep and FOX 11 will do its part."

But if the station really wants to get in Manning's head, why doesn't it take a page from the All-Seinfeld Team and show the episode where Jerry gets the bad haircut?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Now this is funny crap.

2. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

LOL!!!!!!!!!

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

:rollinglaugh:

4. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

Omfg rofl..that's just like our fox news at 6..it lasts an hour and the first 30 minutes is packers and the last 30 minutes is American Idol

5. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

6. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

ummm, maybe if eli is such a fan he probably has the whole series on dvd. Now that he knows he'll probably just bring it with him now. Pretty lame attempt at heckin with eli IMO.

7. n1gbpackfan

easy dude - they are just messing with him, as a joke, you know ha ha - I am sure they are not trying to 'hurt' him, lol!

8. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

What about their OWN fans who happen to enjoy the comedic and whimsical stylings of Seinfeld and Kramer? In screwing with Eli, they're screwing their own fans!

ATTICA! ATTICA!

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

10. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

They are so scared of him or something? :dontknow:

11. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Well Seinfeld shows on TBS.......:icon_rolleyes: Plus, how would you know how many Packerbackers like the show

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

man, those cheeseheads really play hardball. what a shame there's no technology where eli could watch the show on some kind of tape or disc.

13. blitzah

blitzah Starter

Read about this earlier on NFL.com. It will do jack crap in my opinion, lol. I dont like Eli to be honest, but this idea was a waste of time, he will do just as well or bad (most likely the latter) if it was aired.

14. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

I guess Eli couldn't afford to just buy them on DVD like the rest of us? Christ. Only in Wisconsin.....:icon_rolleyes:

15. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I guess that TV stations evil plan didn't work.

16. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

didnt work at all he had a really good game.

17. blitzah

blitzah Starter

I think the NFL.com article i read said he has them on DVD... :icon_rolleyes:

18. DarthGator

DarthGator Global Mod at Fans

or maybe some sort of digital video disk...maybe someday, technology will advance that far

19. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

:word03:

20. n1gbpackfan

Who bumped this thread? This is old news!!!