Underground Dyer's Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Underground Dyer, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

Did my Mock Draft episode on my general sports show Larry From The Underground with my former co-host Ryan Simmons.

Here's how it broke down:
    [​IMG]

And I know there will probably be a few of you who will call me a hypocrite when you see that I have the Bears taking Mendenhall after scolding anyone who did a mock draft doing the same.

Take a second look before you do, all the tackles the Bears would be after are all gone so Mendenhall is the most logical pick at that point. And listen to the show as well(click on my signature), didn't want to make that pick, but I had to.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Looks good man, good effort!

3. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

If McKelvin falls to us at 16 I dont think theres anyway we pass on him, but other than that looks good.

4. Underground Dyer

We did the draft playing as the GM of the teams we were picking for and making the pick we feel best suited for that team. And at 16, since I had the even picks, I felt that Arizona should go after the heir apparent to Edgerrin James in Jonathan Stewart over Leodis McKelvin. We weren't trying to predict what is going to happen this weekend. We took the stance that these are the picks we feel these teams should be making at this time. And as a Cardinal fans I'm sure you can tell me better than most what you think your team needs, but from the outside looking in, a compliment/replacement for Edge seemed like a better idea at #16.

5. JAUK32

JAUK32 The "M" Pire

i like how you took chances with the trades very unique the only thing i dont like is campbell for us were in a tough spot at the #26 pick unless the skins pass on merling we would have to reach on a DE but overall good mock

6. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Ghouslton to flacs doesn't make much sense as we have the 2 J.A's both of whom we have spent 1st rounders on in the last 2 years and both who have fairly big contracts at RE and LE respectivly

7. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

You want us taking a RB in round 1?

:run:

8. Underground Dyer

No actually, I don't. But take another look at the board, all of the offensive tackles were gone by pick #12. #14 is way to high for Brian Brohm or any of the receivers on the board, so running back is the only way to go. Mendenhall is ranked as the no.1 back on many expert lists so the Bears would be silly to pass on him here when all of the top linemen are gone. Cross out fingers and hope Sam Baker is there at #44 in the 2nd round if it happens this way.

Listen to the show and you'll hear me say "I don't want to make this pick, but I have to." There was no other logical pick for the Bears to make. Now I know that logic and Chicago Bears don't go hand in hand on draft day, but there was no other way for me to go with that pick unless I wanted to trade down and I didn't.

You want to talk to my buddy Simmons on that one. He had the odd numbered picks. I would have gone Chris Long with that pick if it were mine, but he took Gholston there saying that Gholston is the more athletic of the two. While Long may be the better football player, Gholston is the better athlete. That's how he rationalized his pick.

9. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

its th eposition as a whole...we have alot of need and DE isn't one of them..in no real order they are DT,OT,QB,MLB,OG,CB like i say way too much money invested in DE for us to take one at #3, a year after taking one at #8

10. mouse

mouse Starter

I AGREE WITH GHOLSTON MAKING VERY LITTLE SENSE FOR THE FALCONS. JEFF OTAH IS LIKE THE EXACT OPPOSITE TYPE OF O-LINEMAN THE BRONCOS LOOK FOR. I CAN'T SEE THAT HAPPENING.

11. Underground Dyer

I agree, if I knew then what I know now I would have gone a different way with Denver. I've been hearing that Denver likes Jonathan Stewart. That makes sense to me so I probably would have gone that way. But I wasn't a big fan of the tackles that Denver has so I thought it would be a good idea to take one since Devin Thomas was off the board at 12 and Otah was the only tackle left.

12. Underground Dyer

Now it looks like I gotta make some room for Kansas City having two first rounders after the Jared Allen trade.

13. mouse

mouse Starter

THEY DEFINTIELY COULD GO TACKLE. CLADY, WILLIAMS, OR ALBERT WOULD ALL FIT WELL IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE, OTAH NOT SO MUCH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.