USC CB Josh Shaw Suspended After Admitting He Lied About How He Injured His Ankles

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Talk' started by DaBears22, Aug 27, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

USC senior cornerback Josh Shaw has admitted to lying about how he suffered his ankle injuries last weekend and has been suspended indefinitely, the school said in a statement Wednesday.

Shaw said he suffered a pair of high ankle sprains Saturday night after jumping from the second story of an apartment complex to save his 7-year-old nephew, who was struggling in the pool. Shaw said his nephew did not know how to swim. He admitted to team officials on Wednesday that the story was a complete fabrication.

Head coach Steve Sarkisian said Tuesday the school received several calls questioning the authenticity of Shaw's story and had been investigating the matter.

"We are extremely disappointed in Josh," Sarkisian said in the statement. "He let us all down. As I have said, nothing in his background led us to doubt him when he told us of his injuries, nor did anything after our initial vetting of his story.

"I appreciate that Josh has now admitted that he lied and has apologized. Although this type of behavior is out of character for Josh, it is unacceptable. Honesty and integrity must be at the center of our program. I believe Josh will learn from this. I hope that he will not be defined by this incident, and that the Trojan Family will accept his apology and support him."

The school did not specify in its statement how Shaw actually sustained his injuries. Shortly after USC issued its statement, Shaw's attorney released his own statement in which Shaw said he injured himself "in a fall."

Source: ESPN

2. DaBears22

Wow, what an intricate lie lol. Wonder if he even has a nephew. lol

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

studied under his hero Manti Te'o. in some jobs that kind of imagination is sought after but not playing football I would think. strange fellow.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Another black eye for USC.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

on top of the reggie bush and the invisible girlfriend from usc a few years back,what's next?

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

you must mean Manti Teo from Notre Dame. Reggie always got real cooze.

DaBears22 likes this.
  7. DaBears22

Yeah if you don't count Kim Kardashian. lol

Diesel44 likes this.
  8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

see there! they have had so much crap rolldown from bullcrap mountain it is hard to keep up! lol

Buck Fenson likes this.