Vikings Agree To Terms With UDFA RB Caleb King

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Chipper10, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

After not having his read off an email from an NFL team earlier on Monday, former Georgia running back Caleb King has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Vikings, Marc Weiszer of the Athens Banner-Herald reports. "It’s not disappointing when you get an opportunity to play at the highest level," King's agent, Kevin Conner, said of King not being selected in today's draft. Conner added that King received multiple offers before deciding on the Vikings. The 5-foot-11, 212-pound King gained 1,271 yards and 10 touchdowns during his three seasons with the Bulldogs, but was ruled academically ineligible for the 2011 season.

Source MacsFootballBlog.com

2. Chipper10

Didn't expect the Vikes to pick him up, but whatever.

3. Nice solid move for the Vikings......

Not reading too much into this yet but this could speak how they feel about Toby Gerhart.

4. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Tried agreeing with Chipper's post

5. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

^This

6. Chipper10

Lol. People jump on stuff fast around here.

And Giving up on Gerhart after one season? eh.

7. never was a big Gerhardt fan. I know everyone loves him cus he is white but I was never impressed.

This has the Vikings with:

Gerhardt

Booker

King

Tristan Davis

8. Gerhart hasn't exactly been impressive and he could lose his third-down role this season.

9. Chipper10

Not many on the vikings were impressive last season.

10. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Most likely Camp Fodder. This has nothing to do with Gerhart, who I thought played fairly well last year, considering the Vikes had about the worst line in the NFL. I hope Gerhart doesn't have a 3rd down role this year, and is more of a 1-2 punch with Peterson. Let Gerhart wear them and let Peterson run wild.