Vikings GM Rick Says Coaching Search Will Be Wide Open

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by DaBears22, Dec 31, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The Minnesota Vikings are conducting their first head coach search in eight years, and this will be an exhaustive project. That's the way general manager Rick Spielman works. ''...

Source: Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Frazier is the main guy I thought shouldn't have been fired. That team played hard for him all year, he just didn't have the talent. I think if they had given him another year to fill in some holes they would have been better.

3. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

As a Vikings fan I have to totally disagree.Frazier is a defensive guy,but they blew 4 games with less than 90 seconds to play because of the defensive scheme that Frazier installed.
    Frazier fired Darrell Bevell as OC to bring in Musgrave,and the offence has regressed.Frazier and Musgrave have been unable to develop Ponder.While I don't think Ponder is a starting caliber QB,you would at least expect some progress from year 1 to year 3,yet he continues to make the same mistakes week in week out.
    Frazier had input into player personnel decisions when Ponder was drafted,so it was on Frazier to develop his guy.Bottom line,Frazier is not a good talent evaluater.There are guys on this roster that haven't gotten an opportunity because of this.Because of injuries,some of these guys got an opportunity and played much better than the starters.People who constantly watch this team know that there is talent on this roster,and with the right Head Coach the Vikings could quickly turn this whole thing around.
    I personally hope they bring back Bevell as HC and bring in someone like Mike Mularkey as OC and Wade Phillips as DC.

Steve12 and DawkinsINT like this.
  4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Obviously you watch them alot more than I do, so you know better than me. You got me convinced lol.

Aussie61 likes this.
  5. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Dear God I hope they take Jay Gruden off the list!

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

supposedly, mike zimmer has been hired.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

That's what I'm seeing.