Vikings Haven't Heard From QB Brett Favre Since The Season Ended

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Mar 13, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Vikings vice president for player personnel Rick Spielman said he hasn't heard from Brett Favre since last season ended and is convinced the quarterback, 41, has retired for good. The Vikings are in the market for a quarterback after Favre's retirement and the expected departure of free agent Tarvaris Jackson. Joe Webb is the only viable quarterback option on the roster. "We're going to look at all avenues at the quarterback [position]," vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman said at the NFL scouting combine, which he and his scouts are scouring for quarterback options. "... But you're hoping that by the time all the dust settles and we're getting ready to go into the season that we have that position pretty much resolved." The Vikings are expected to conduct private workouts with several of the top-rated quarterbacks. Spielman plans to be on the road for the next three weeks evaluating quarterbacks.

Source: Pioneer Press

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He's too busy putting in the Man Hours at the Drama Lab.

He's working round the clock trying to figure out how to upstage the lockout and Charlie Sheen

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why would they? Crack reporting!

4. Let it be Minnesota.......let it be.

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

He died........3 years ago.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

But his c**k lived on for Jen Sterger.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Rigor is a funny MF'er huh?:icon_cheesygrin:

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Come on people really? Why is this news right now??

It's WAAAAY too early for Brett Favre to start spouting his return nonsense. Once they settle this whole lock out thing he'll wait until about 3 weeks before the season starts and then he'll sign with Cincinnati or something. Either that or he'll grow out his hair and wear a white cloak and start shouting nonsense about how he's the second coming!

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

We don't write it, just report it..He usually pops up around this time so it's natural to wonder where football's drama queen is keeping himself.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thanks sweets...I was missing my Favre fix!!

11. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Oh for pete's sake, don't rush the man!! He has 5 1/2 months until his annual 'I'm coming back' appearance!! :icon_cheesygrin:

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

What do they expect from him?

13. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

You know my views on the QB situation....if you have to guess look at where I go to school.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hell, if we get a deal by the end of the summer, I wouldn't mind having another offseason of "will he or won't he"

Drama Queen news > Lockout news

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

[​IMG]

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

^^ lol...

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

That's what I was thinking! :icon_cheesygrin:

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wonders what Favre is doing now...

19. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I was thinking....showering, and texting...at the same time...

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Impossible...