Vikings QB Brett Favre Brushes Off Talk Of His Demise

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Nov 21, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Vikings 41-year-old quarterback Brett Favre looked physically and emotionally spent following the Vikings 27-13 loss last week, like a man who had nothing left to give. Another loss had prompted another round of questions about whether he regrets returning for a 20th season. Even opponents are starting to wonder. Favre grabbed Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher on the field and whispered that he has enjoyed competing against him over the years. His tone struck Urlacher who said it "Seemed like he was out of it. He wasn't himself. He seemed down in the dumps. I felt bad for him." Favre brushed those comments aside three days later, saying people read things differently. "I don't think I said or did anything that would warrant, 'Boy, he's fallen off the deep end,' " Favre said. "As you would expect, after that game we all collectively should have been disappointed. We've got to find a way to get it on track. Then it will be a little more fun."

Source: Star-Tribune

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
  2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He could have retired as a great player, now he end up as a looser. Favre, you suck....

3. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Pathetic coming from a packers fan.:icon_rolleyes: It would be like me saying that about Montana. He will still retire a great player, but instead of retiring after a great season it will be after a losing one!!

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Why? We kissed his butt long enough. Screw him

1 person likes this.
  5. 86WARD

86WARD -

"Talk of his demise"

Even the title of the article is dramatic!

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Fitting for the NFL's biggest drama queen, isn't it?

7. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Were you saying that all the times he brought you to the playoffs and won a superbowl for your team? He brought you many great years and I think a little more respect is deserved. I thought Packer fans were better than that!! Not a day goes by someone doesn't disappoint me!!:icon_cheesygrin:

8. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Your preaching to the wrong choir dude. I supported favre all the way until he pulled all this retirement/switching teams crap. I grew up watching him, i did respect him...but not anymore with how he threw all of his fans under the bus just to get some revenge. I agree with olly...FREAK HIM

How about all of the games he lost for us though too with last minute ints?

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Quite.

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Of copurse HE won the SB for the Packers. White, Butler, Freeman, Levens, Howard didn't do crap to win it. As much as I know, football is a team sport and HE was the right guy in the right team, that's all.
    As mmehring already stated, he became annoying when he started his "I-don't-know-if-I-come-back-for-another-season" crap and started to think he's bigger than the game itself.

11. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

So without Farvre you still would have won?:icon_rolleyes:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

He didn't throw the fans under the bus! It was the coaching staff he threw under the bus. He wanted to stay a Packer the staff wanted otherwise. He went to the Vikes not to say heck you to the fans, but to the coaches etc etc. God, you freaking Packer fans sound like Cleveland Cavalier fans with Lebron. The guy went somewhere else big deal!!

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Would we have won without White, Freeman, Levens or Howard? :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

I don't know, but feel free to continue to kiss his ass, suck his rod or whatever :eek:hboy:

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Reggie White's overrated! It's all about Favre!

:bolt:

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Right! That's why the Vikings going to win their 2nd SB in a row this year.....

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

BULLCRAP TIMES INFINITY.

favre hecked the packers over more than once in that he held them hostage waiting until after free agency and the draft to tell the team what his plans were.

the team that gave him the chance to become the player he was and the fanbase that supported him for year deserved better.

the montana analogy makes zero sense here as he was pushed out to allow young to take the team, favre was only sent packing after he played his diva game one too many times.

fitting end to this aretha franklin wannabe.

16. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Hahah olly...what if this IS Favre that we are arguing with, and hes just trying to fix his image? Lol

Ive been waiting for you to show up in here smeagle :) Rep :icon_cheesygrin:

nvm...must spread some rep

17. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Brett Favre can go to Hell, for all I care. As long as he stays a great distance away from Carolina.

actually, Carolina will be giving him a call when we go through our next Quarterback crisis in 2013.

18. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

You would have a much better chance at winning without the ones you mentioned that without Favre. Not kissing his butt nor sucking his rod, but I'm just surprised Packer fans turn on him.

The media made the crap much worse than what it was. They were the ones every year since he mentioned retirement kept bringing it up and up and up. Favre was pushed out of Green Bay for Rodgers. The Montana analogy makes perfect sense.

I don't think Favre would come and try to save himself so you and Olly would respect him. If you want though I can get him on the phone and try though:icon_cheesygrin:

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

why do you choose to ignore the "fact" that favre hecked the packers over more than once by making them wait until after free agency and the draft to give them a decision ? maybe it's because it shows your opinion is flawed on multi levels ?

1- the media didn't make up the stories of favre being a diva.

2- farve would still be in green bay if the packers kept allowing him to hold them hostage every year like he continued with the jets and now vikings.

any player that does what he did should hear it from the fans. you on the other hand think fans should just suck it up and kiss their butt which to me is weak.

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That's must be the reason, why Howard was voted for MVP, bc his returns, along with the sacks of the D, gave the Packers the momentum back. White set a new SB record with 3 sacks and the Pats never crossed the 50 yard line in the 4th Q, and was picked twice during the final Q

Favre run himself out of town, with his "I-need-time-to-decide" crap for 3 seasons.