Vikings QB Brett Favre Says He Isn't Out For Revenge

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Sweets, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

One minute, Brett Favre(notes) sternly insists he isn't out for revenge against the Green Bay Packers on Monday night and the next, he says it's only human for him to feel like he has something to prove to the team that traded him. In his first extended interview session with Wisconsin-based reporters since well before his unretirement saga went public last summer, Favre reluctantly revisited his departure from Green Bay and he also awkwardly backpedaled from previous comments that indicated a grudge against Packers general manager Ted Thompson. But when reminded of his comments to si.com in February, in which Favre said part of his motivation for coming back last season was "sticking it" to Thompson, Favre acknowledged he did want to show the Packers he still belonged in the NFL. "It's human nature to feel, I didn't use the word revenge, but to prove that you still could play," Favre said. "To prove someone wrong, or prove a group wrong. So you can call it what you want."

Source: AP

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I call Bullcrap.

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

He already forgot why he came back.

4. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Why should he be? He's a Packer fan.
    I wonder if he'll throw the game? :icon_cheesygrin:

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Maybe he isn't, but I'm pretty should some of the Packers are.

6. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Wouldn't that be ironic.
    News flash "Farve suffers career ending injury in brutal sack vs the pack" :icon_cheesygrin:

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lies...deep down inside he is. But he'll prepare like a professional. Who hasn't wanted to stick it to their former employer. You don't think Rod Marinelli would love to post up 10 sacks this week?

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

If Brett could trade last weeks finish for a loss and have the same finish against the Packers instead...he'd do it in a second...

11. Nukleopatra

Nukleopatra International Thing.

He might not be out for revenge, but he'll certainly enjoy the hell out of beating Green Bay, if they can do it.

12. dpn

dpn 18to44

Yeah right, Brett. Whatever makes you feel better.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Brett has been a liar since, well, forever. I would think it was less about revenge, if he said it was about revenge. That's how much of a liar this tramp is.

14. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

well im sure he will show his colors if he wins.

15. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Wonder if they've got a Rollerdome Leap planned...

16. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Is there a line on how many times he points to Ted Thompson's box after a Vikings score?

17. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

Cut the p.c. bullcrap Brett. Just say what everyone knows already, that you came back to beat the Vikes and the reason you had to think so long about it is so you could make sure that you were healthy enough so that you didnt embarass yourself.

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Just SFTU

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:Loco:

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

of course this isn't about revenge. i mean who has ever heard of a diva wanting revenge after being tossed aside for a younger model ?