Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Compares Players To "Modern-Day Slaves"

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Mar 15, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

No matter what NFL players may be doing in the offseason, the ongoing labor negotiations are never far from their minds. Even stars like Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson have strong feelings on the issues being debated by NFL players and team owners, who are fighting over how to divide the league's estimated $9.3 billion in revenue. Speaking just minutes after the owners locked out the players, Peterson compared the players' place in the game to "modern-day slavery," a statement that, while ill-advised, was made in the context of how the players feel they're being treated in these talks. "How the players look at it … the players are getting robbed. They are. The owners are making so much money off of us to begin with. I don't know that I want to quote myself on that…It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money … the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey — without us, there's no football.' There are so many different perspectives from different players, and obviously we're not all on the same page — I don't know. I don't really see this going to where we'll be without football for a long time; there's too much money lost for the owners. Eventually, I feel that we'll get something done."

Source:
    Yahoo Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Idiot.

3. UNLEASHthaBEAST

UNLEASHthaBEAST NFLPA Warlock Assassin

Nobody is laughing Peterson. They're thinking you are a rodhead for comparing millionaire football players to slaves.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's hard slave work to make millions like that dude...come on.

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

7. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

8. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

9. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Modern day slavery? Millions a year to play a freaking game is slavery?? Well I guess my school had it all wrong. I now want to be a freaking modern day slave..

I will work all my life to make just one of their yearly checks.. And my body and mind will be just as beat down and hecked as theirs.. But they can retire in 10-15 years. This kinda crap makes me sick. Modern day slavery... get a life you rich asshat.

/rant

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

A prime freaking example of why I am not on the players' side in this debacle. Sure, Peterson chose awful words, but the sense of entitlement is falling on a LOT of these buttholes.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Totaly agree bigS

This dude is not helping their case

sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

12. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

It's ok to say no comment AD lol

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Come on...his agent says not to take it out of context...

14. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

what an idiot, this guy is claiming to be a RICH slave, try working paycheck to paycheck chump... im tired of these greedy punks

15. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Slap some chains on me

16. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

17. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Oh yeah modern day slaves definitely. Now shut the heck up you goobered butthole.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

it never ceases to amaze me how stupid athletes are.

whats hecked up is that this is a racially insensitive remark which will do little but cause an uproar on the MB's.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Can I be Kunta Kinte?

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

with one comment, adrian peterson's level of respect in the world just went in the crapter......... no one would agree with this asinine statement.