Visanthe Shiancoe Talks To Donovan McNabb About Joining Vikings

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Apr 23, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There was a lot to like about Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe's recent appearance with Ivan Carter on Comcast SportsNet’s Washington Post Live. There was his assertion that he’s been “working out like a mother.†There was his explanation of NFL hardship, but the newsiest part, as it were, came when Carter asked about Donovan McNabb. “You know what, as a matter of fact, I seen him out the other day, and we had a little alcohol talk, should I say, a little alcohol talk,†Shiancoe said. “And I told him, ‘Hey, look , you know, Minnesota might be a good fit for you. I think that he would probably agree on that. Who knows if he wants to stay here anymore, right, being in those circumstances? I don’t know if he wants to or not, but I wouldn’t want to stay here. Speaking for myself, I wouldn’t want to stay in this predicament right here.â€

Source: Washington Post

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

good getting him there. Got the pieces to go to the Championship now might as well do it. That defense is getting old. One maybe two more seasons left before having to make big changes. McNabb still has a few very substancial years in him. Give him a back like Peterson and a decent wr corps and you can see a way that can happen.

3. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Hopefully Buck, but I think those major defense changes need to start now, and needs to start in the secondary. Our defense has one more year tops to be any good.

4. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

The Vikes secondary is isn't as bad as Vikes' fans like to think it is. Finished 10th in passing yards allowed, without our #1 corner. If Cedric Griffin can come back and Cook turns out decent which I believe he will, the only real immediate need is FS. Some youth at WLB would be nice and Leber might not be back anyway. DT is a bit of an unknown with Guion. I think Kevin Williams and Jared Allen should each have three years left, we'll have to see how Williams plays in a year that isn't completely demoralizing.

5. The Vikings don't believe in drafting QB's early it seems......

6. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

BigBlue, 2 first round QBs in team history. Tommy Kramer and Daunte Culpepper.

7. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I see what your saying marty but even with everyone healthy and playing we wont have a secondary that causes turnovers and thats what we need.