Walmart

Discussion in 'Crossfire Discussion' started by BoltzRule, Nov 30, 2013.

1. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

They've received a lot of criticism regarding their wages from pro-union/liberal folks but on the other hand there are a lot of people applying for these jobs (5 million for 500k jobs).

So is the criticism warranted?

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm honestly not up to date with what is happening with the criticism of them these days and how they operate.

When I was single and knew of their child labor thing years ago, I refused to shop there.

Now that I'm married with 5 mouths to feed, 7 pets, a big mortgage, etc.... I can't help but shop there from time to time.

The option of what I would prefer to do for political or humanitarian reasons is pretty much stripped away.

I know what I just said isn't exactly what your question was about, Boltz, but I shop there with guilt.

3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Walmart has all sorts of controversies, I was just trying to get the conversation started so it's all good.

4. bossco

bossco Rookie

With all the crap Walmart pulls on there employees I can't believe OSHA has not cracked down on them. That's why my family shops at target and king soopers. I can't blame anyone for shopping there with there low prices but I refuse to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

What kind of crap does Walmart pull on its employees?

A lot of the stuff I see mentioned is snitching about the pay and benefits and comparing it to Costco, but they don't mention how Target pays their employees about the same as Walmart.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

my wife finally found an xmas job there after nearly a year after being laid off from her last job.sure hope she can go fulltime there cause there are no jobs here at all.
    she seems to like it to.

7. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Just because people are looking for any work they can find doesn't mean Walmart is absolved. That's sort of a crapty argument.

8. bossco

bossco Rookie

Its great that your wife found a job there after a year. But Walmart has been known to take out life insurance policies on there employees in case something happened to them outside of work. And paying women less then there male coworkers

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

heres a little insite i can offer, via word of mouth. i spend 8 hours a day between two walmarts working, so i hear things.

store managers make freaking bank. 125k and up a year. throw in bonuses and you're looking at 200k for most of them.

co managers make around 70k a year.
    department managers make about 50k a year
    day to day employees, average about 8 bucks an hour

the massive difference in pay between the top and bottom is one of walmarts massive issues.

as to OSHA issues, Ive almost never seen a single work place accident waiting to happen, Walmart does tend to be very pro safety. Or at least they are in my experiences

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

All I can say is that the check out is directly correlated to the Store Manager's bonus. The least amount of checkout lines/cashiers, the higher the bonus...especially in my area...those store owners are definitely making that bonus. buttholes.

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

The amount of damage Walmart does is legendary. No specific thing that seems good on the surface does anything to minimize that monopoly...

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm sorry but if you don't like the pay wage find another job. Quit snitching and change your life. It's not walmarts or any other companies responsibility to make sure you have enough money. It's a choice to work at Walmart.

You want more money like the a manger or supervisor then work your way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

LIKE!

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

amen, brother. can't believe some of the freaking posts in this thread.

some of you need to be living in china or north korea. that way, even though you may be more educated, be expected to work more hours, take on more responsibility, and endure more stress, you can still feel good about yourself because you will make the same amount of money as everyone else.

15. RichLikeWh0a

I guess you people aren't aware that we're one of the most overworked and underpaid first world countries.

And this "change your life" nonsense is great in theory, but not always practical. Not everybody catches a break. In fact, most people don't. You don't think there are hard working people at Walmart that bust their asses for that 8 dollars an hour and can't get out? Please.

And if you don't think our minimum wage is way too low, you really have no grasp of what living with it is like.

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

wow. i don't even know where to start with this one.

omen, this one is your responsibility being a fellow cowboys fan and all. you need to whip him into shape.

17. RichLikeWh0a

lmfao you're right, everybody gets a fair shake in life and I'm a fool for thinking otherwise. I'm already whipped into shape, I get it. No worries here.

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Lol. Your right min wage isn't meant to be lived on. If your still making min wage trying to raise a family or whatever. You've made some bad decisions somewhere along the lines. Life isn't about "breaks" it's about hard work. People don't need breaks. They need to learn hard work. Too many people feel that they are entitled to more money without any real bearing for it. Min wage isn't enough is not a valid reason or argument.

I made min wage when I was 15. At 2.15 an hour.

We're overworked and under paid. Seriously china, Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Singapore Thailand, etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I work in the largest Walmart storage warehouse in the country. Idk if I really have any insight though because Walmart doesn't run it. They contracted Schneider to run the facility. I know about half of our workforce is temps, and alot of them are illegal.

Again, not exactly what we're talking about.

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i feel no sympathy for anyone that works at walmart. you think they have it bad? lol. if only you knew what goes on where i work.