WBO To Review Bradley-Pacquiao

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The WBO announced Wednesday that it will review Timothy Bradley's controversial victory over Manny Pacquiao in Saturday's welterweight championship fight.Bradley, the WBO's junior welterweight champ, moved up in weight and claimed a split decision to take Pacquiao's WBO welterweight belt at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. However, there was a storm of controversy after judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross both scored the fight 115-113 in favor of Bradley while Jerry Roth had it 115-113 for Pacquiao.The vast majority of observers had Pacquiao clearly winning the fight, many in lopsided fashion. Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, who promotes both fighters, was outraged and has called on the Nevada attorney general to inquire about the scoring.WBO president Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel, who was ringside for the fight, said his organization's championship committee will review the fight. He said that the committee "will meet soon" and "will examine (the fight) with five recognized international judges to evaluate the video of the match and agree to what emerges."

Source: ESPN

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Can they overturn it or just void it?

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i dont think it can be overuled

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I read somewhere that they could force a rematch. But that's pretty much pointless because Bradley and Pacquiao have both already said they want the rematch that wad in the contract for the fight.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I do believe they can void the win and the belt is unmanned.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

thatd be ideal id think

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Triple Threat Match for the belt?

8. Crowned

Did this ever happen?

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yes. It was scored for Pacquiao by like 5 judges.

But it didn't overruled the result.

So, what was the point, then?

10. Crowned

Yea wtf? The fight at the very least should at least be voided and belt vacated.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Boxing just wants to die.

12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

boxing is as relevant as tennis

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I actually think tennis is much more relevant than boxing. And I hate tennis.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Sad how far boxing has fallen.....