WDIS: Week 4 Fantasy "Who Do I Start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Week 4 Who Do I Start Thread (WDIS)

WDIS threads will be posted every Monday. All game times listed are EST, the world's time zone.

Please post any roster questions for week 4 in this thread.
    Not sure who to start? Post your questions here. Please do not ask to have your entire lineup filled out for you.

All posts must contain the following information for you to get the best answer:

* Include your league scoring for the players in question.
    * How many do you start at that position?
    * Who are they playing?

For example:
    WDIS Thomas Jones vs NE or Tatum Bell @ OAK. We start 2 RBs and my other starter is Joseph Addai.
    We get 20yds/pt rushing and receiving, td/6pts.

SUNDAY, SEP. 30th
    Baltimore at Cleveland 1:00 PM
    Chicago at Detroit 1:00 PM
    Green Bay at Minnesota 1:00 PM
    Houston at Atlanta 1:00 PM
    N.Y. Jets at Buffalo 1:00 PM
    Oakland at Miami 1:00 PM
    St. Louis at Dallas 1:00 PM
    Seattle at San Francisco 4:05 PM
    Tampa Bay at Carolina 4:05 PM
    Denver at Indianapolis 4:15 PM
    Kansas City at San Diego 4:15 PM
    Pittsburgh at Arizona 4:15 PM
    Philadelphia at N.Y. Giants 8:15 PM

MONDAY, OCT. 1st
    New England at Cincinnati 8:30 PM

BYE: JAX, NO, TEN, WAS

2. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Gore vs Seattle, Sammy Morris vs Bengals or Thomas Jones vs the Bills as my 2nd back and flex spot. Starting alongside Willie Parker. 6 PTS/per TD, 1 PT/per 10 rushing yards.

For WR2 and/or flex spot....starting alongside Anquan Boldin.....Marvin Harrison vs Den, Jericho Cotchery vs Bills or Shaun McDonald vs Bears.....6 PTS/per TD, 1 PT/per 10 receiving yards.

3. wide right

Gore & Thomas
    If Gore is healthy then he gets the go, if something happens between now and Sunday go with Morris. TJ looked 100% finally last week and BUF can't stop the run at all.

Harrison at WR, McDonald at flex
    Always start your studs. I don't give a crap about anyone's matchup, Harrison should never be in a WDIS thread. Start him every week. Cotchery hasn't shown much while McDonald keeps sneaking good numbers for a #3 WR. Ride the hot streak.

4. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Wait, so you're saying start Gore and Thomas as my RB's and not Parker? Why not Parker over Gore?

5. wide right

I thought Parker was already in your lineup. My bad. Go with Thomas and Parker.

6. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Yeah, it's Parker already starting....so Parker and TJ and then Shaun McDonald as my flex guy.

7. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Parker, Gore, Thomas/Harrison as flex if I understand this properly.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Vikes DST or Packers DST...

I was flipping through FA's, and being VERY pleased so far with the Vikings DST I hadn't even looked at the DST list before today. Surprised to say the least to see the Packers there. Like I said, I am very pleased so far with the Vikes DST but I think that the Packers D is going to do far better against that crappy Viking offense this week than vice-versa. ALthough Brett might throw a bunch of picks like he does oh so much and score me points, if I keep the Vikes. In this league I doubt the VIkes would get picked up so I wouldn't be overly worried about dropping them for a week.

So whaddya think?

9. wide right

The Vikings always play GB tough. For some reason they always seem to have Favre's number.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ok here's another one...in one league, due to injury and byes I'm down to Brian Leonard or Kevin Jones as #2. Jones is up against Chicago, sharing carries with 2 other backs and probably not even close to full strength anyway. Leonard is a rook with almost no experience but he does have the "Leonard Leap" ;). Right now I'm going with Leonard unless someone can convince me otherwise.

11. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Who would you have as your QB2?

Jay Cutler
    Matt Schaub
    Brett Favre

12. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Cutler faces the Colts so he may have to pass more. Schaub will be going home to Atlanta and with the Falcon's luck, he'll have a good day. GB and Minnesota usually play close games but Favre has been really hot.

I'd honestly start Favre because he's been hot and is 1 TD pass away from the record.

13. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Yeah, I picked up Favre...but would you start him over McNabb?

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No way.

15. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

Yeah, me either.....also from reports, doesn't look like Boldin will be playing, I'll probably start Cotchery vs Bills instead. That matchup might be money.

What would you guys do....I also have Fitzgerald vs Steelers...or Cotchery vs Bills?

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Cotchery vs. Bills.

Bills secondary is currently comprised of guys who were working at McDonalds a month ago (and is the bottom ranked pass D, I believe), Penny is back and likes COtchery, it's a very solid start, IMO.

Pittsburgh has a killer D, Zonas qb situation is unsettled, and without Boldin around, the Steelers are going to be able to focus a lot more of their attention Fitz's way without as much fear of getting burned by the other wideout. Bryant Johnson I assume. Plus Arizona has been running like crazy.

17. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

hahahah, it's always something, Cotchery's missed the last 3 days of practice, it didn't stop him from playing last week, but I just absolutely hate how they drag out someone's availability for the game, TELL ME NOW!!!!

I've had Cotch in the lineup most of the week, because the Bills couldn't stop a pee-wee league on offense right now, but I also have Shaun McDonald who could be an interesting start because the Bears D is banged up.....another tough start for me. What do you think of those two?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.