WDIS: Week 5 Fantasy "Who Do I Start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Week 5 Who Do I Start Thread (WDIS)

WDIS threads will be posted every Monday. All game times listed are EST, the world's time zone.

Please post any roster questions for week 5 in this thread.
    Not sure who to start? Post your questions here. Please do not ask to have your entire lineup filled out for you.

All posts must contain the following information for you to get the best answer:

* Include your league scoring for the players in question.
    * How many do you start at that position?
    * Who are they playing?

For example:
    WDIS Thomas Jones vs NE or Tatum Bell @ OAK. We start 2 RBs and my other starter is Joseph Addai.
    We get 20yds/pt rushing and receiving, td/6pts.

SUNDAY, OCT. 7th

Arizona at St. Louis 1:00 PM
    Atlanta at Tennessee 1:00 PM
    Carolina at New Orleans 1:00 PM
    Cleveland at New England 1:00 PM
    Detroit at Washington 1:00 PM
    Jacksonville at Kansas City 1:00 PM
    Miami at Houston 1:00 PM
    N.Y. Jets at N.Y. Giants 1:00 PM
    Seattle at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM
    Tampa Bay at Indianapolis 4:05 PM
    Baltimore at San Francisco 4:15 PM
    San Diego at Denver 4:15 PM
    Chicago at Green Bay 8:15 PM

MONDAY, OCT. 8th

Dallas at Buffalo 8:30 PM

BYE: CIN, MIN, OAK, PHI

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Brady vs. Cleveland

or Romo vs. Buff under the lights.

It's salary cap FF, so don't think I have both those guys on a regular team, lol. I had Brady last week and was going to keep him, as Cleveland is horrible and Brady is the opposite of horrible, but then I realized Romo had Buffalo.

6 pts. TD, 1 point per 50 yards passing.

3. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

brady vs cleveland buffalo def will play better than clevelands.

4. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

You always have to look at matchups, but Tom Brady is so good this year, it doesn't matter who the Patriots play, you gotta go with Brady.

OK, here's mine.....looking to fill my flex spot.....looks like Boldin and Marvin Harrison might not play this week. My league stats are 1 pt for every 10 yards for both rushing and receiving. And 6 pts for every TD...

I have a tough decision....do you start the WR or the RB....Frank Gore vs the Ravens or Dwyane Bowe vs Jaguars?

5. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I'd start Gore. Both the Jags and teh Ravens have good defenses but Jacksonville's defense is playing better and coming off a buy. WR's are typically more unpredictable than RBs. I see Gore getting more opportunities than Bowe.

6. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

I do too, but Gore's facing my team's D, which while it hasn't been dominate, is still doing pretty well against the run. Factor that with the fact that the Niners can't do jack on offense right now, it might not be worth starting him. I'll have to keep looking at it, it's a tough call, and I'll probably just side with Gore in the end.

7. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I understand that. I like the rationale used to analyze it too. I would take some time to see it and listen for any rumors about the KC QB situation too.

I have a dilemna: 3 of these 5 WR's to start:
    Marques Colston vs Carolina - Will Start
    Shaun McDonald @ Wash - ?
    Santana Moss vs Det - ? Pending injury status
    Hines Ward vs Sea - ? Pending injury status
    Bobby Engram @ Pitt - ? Pending injury status

Who can I pick outta this line up. The last 3 all look like injury question marks. Any info on any of these? Any advice?

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Baltimore has the 4th ranked Run D, Jax has the 3rd ranked Pass D. Ouch on both of those matchups for you.
    Kennison is supposed to be coming back this week, so that might take some looks away from Bowe...or not, I never liked Kennison personally, and IMO the Chiefs should use him to draw attention away from Bowe rather than the other way around.
    As a Niner fan, Gore has not been playing badly this year. The Oline is more of a problem, and he hasn't been getting nearly the carries he did last year for some inexplicable reason. If the line ever gets its act together, Gore will be ok.
    I'd start Gore, I think after the last few weeks, Jax is really going to key on Bowe, and they are a much better pass defense than San Diego or the other teams they have faced. Expect Gore to get more carries (hopefully) with SMith out and Noodle Arm Dilfer in, and also more catches out of the backfield, since Dilfer seems unable to throw a pass downfield without being intercepted.
    I don't expect great games from either guy, but I think you might get more from Gore. And yes that rhymes.
    I read here this AM that Moss didn't practice for more than a few minutes and limped off the field. Not expected to play :(. THat hurts one of my teams as well. Haven't heard anything about the other guys, although it seemed like Walters took some of McDOnalds catches last game.

9. wide right

I hadn't heard anything about Engram missing time. Ward and Moss sound like they'll be out.

Why would you even question this. Don't let "playing the matchups" talk you out of playing your best players. Where did you draft Gore? 1st round, early? Go with your studs always. And a RB is almost always a better choice at flex as they see the ball more.

10. mcl21

mcl21 Starter

So what is the status for Travis Henry? Anyone else have him? Is he going to play? I'm about to pick up Selmon Young I think.

I have both Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward....I want to drop one of the two, who do you drop?

11. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

That's tough with who to drop. I don't know Travis' status but I've seen Selvin Young picked up in 1 of my leagues already.

Another question I'm throwing out there is 2 of the following 3:

Reggie Bush
    Marion Barber
    Sammy Morris

I'm almost certain it's gonna be Bush and Barber b/c NE spreads the ball around so often, but I'd like opinions too.

12. wide right

Go with Reggie and Barber.

13. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Has anyone heard where Chris Brown is on Tennesee's depth chart?

Ladell Betts or Chris Brown?

14. wide right

15. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

That was my initial thought earlier in the week, but I live in the DC area and Portis has practiced regularly. With the injured WR core of Washington and Tennessee's penchant to running the ball, I had to think about it. Do you know a site with regularly updated depth charts?

Would I be wise to pick up Antwaan Randle El and drop Bobby Engram who I plan on starting with the other aforementioned WR's?

16. wide right

Local radio is the best judge of truly how much time a player will see usually. If you're in the DC area listen to the pregame show and see what they have to say.

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ok, see if anyone gets this before gametime.

VY vs. ATL
    Eli vs. Jets

I've had Eli set all week with no qualms but for some reason started questioning myself last night at work. Just a gut feeling.

THoughts?

18. wide right

The Jets made rookie QB Trent Edwards making his first ever start look pretty damn good last week. Go with Eli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.