Week 8 Waiver Wire: Bryce Brown Could Be Sleeper Of The Week

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Greg Brosh, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Bryce Brown – Buffalo (YAHOO OWNED 4% / ESPN OWNED 1.3%)

As if the Bills’ running game couldn’t get any worse, both Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller were carted off the field during the team’s game against the Vikings. Jackson is already expected to sit out Week 8 with a groin injury, while Spiller will miss the rest of the season after suffering a broken collarbone. Anthony Dixon, who rushed for 54 yards off 13 carries, is next in the rotation after Brown, who was a healthy scratch all season. However, the team didn’t trade Brown from the Eagles for no reason. Dixon is a plodder much in the mold of a Shonn Greene, while Brown is more versatile as a runner and pass catcher. Brown has already rushed 190 times for a ypc average of 4.6 while playing in Philly. The only reason the Eagles didn’t keep him around was because he didn’t fit Chip Kelly’s system. While others go for Dixon, make Brown your pick up of the week.

http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/waiver-wire-week-8/

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeaaaaaaah it's a nice sentiment, but the Bills didn't do squat ground-game wise even with 2 plus level starting backs at their disposal, both guys were virtually useless from a fantasy perspective even when they were healthy...I don't think that's going to improve any with the backups in.

3. Greg Brosh

Sometimes you have to go out on a limb and hope :)

4. brewers_rule1978

brewers_rule1978 2nd String Premium Member

I keep hearing rumors about Anthony Dixon being a bigger part of this than you'd think too. The Bills have shown very little interest in giving one guy the yeoman's load so I hear ya' about taking a chance but given their history, it's a larger gamble than you'd think if those reports are correct.

5. Greg Brosh

Considering it's the Bills and they didn't know how to use one of their best players in the first place, I wouldn't be surprised to see an even bigger cluster F.