What Is Expected From The Cowboys This Year?

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Arrowhead4Life, May 13, 2009.

?

What do you expect of the Cowboys this year?

Poll closed May 17, 2009.
  1. At least a playoff win

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Make the playoffs but lose first game

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Miss the playoffs

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. After releasing T.O. and watching their surprisingly non playoff season this last season I dont know what to think of the dallas cowboys. Their draft wasn't that good either and I don't remember of any free agents that stuck out to me. Romo seemed to have been in a little bit too much drama last year which I don't know if thats why he wasn't the Romo I'm used to but I don't think of him as much of a threat as I used to. I just don't know what to think of Dallas as we speak right now so let me know what you think.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What do I expect? The team will be lights out in september-october, will start to decline in november, just to finally collapse in december and january.

That's how it's been the past 4, 5 years, and I don't see how it will be any different :icon_confused:

And for the gazillionth time...And it's not Romo's fault...these issues started way before he became the starter.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

on paper the draft looks bad. but when you research the players, the upside is amazing.
    I know you can say that about every player.
    As for the season, its hard to say. If Jason Garrett has learned that you cant go deep every play, and he changes up the play calls abit, we should see better results. With the three headed running game, we should be able to move the ball. But all of that relies on the Oline staying healty and intact which is questionable at beast.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Expect the most out of any team. We got rid of our best talent on the team, but we also got rid of all of our trouble makers/drama lovers. They all should be more focused, and more team orianted in the teamwork category, which should help us to a playoff win, why expect anything less?

5. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

7 wins max

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Its hard to tell with the cowboys they dident really upgrade just lost this offseason. I wouldent be surprised if there close to makeing the playoffs or make it. I would be very surprised if they have less than 8 wins.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Miss the playoffs. I think they'll miss T.O. more than they thought...

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think that will hurt them as well there gonna need a really good running game. They cant just rely on witten. Roy is a question mark dont know if he just sucks or is it him learning.

9. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I'm keeping my expectations really low this season. I agree with TJ in that we have some deeper issues (many starting at the top).

10. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

6-4 outside the division, and after that it's a clusterheck that I don't want to figure out right now.

11. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

6-4 out side the divison when we play the weakest division in football. No comment.

12. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I expect something similar to last year at this point.

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

You won't play NFC West.:redface:
    And yeah, I could see the cowboys lose to the Chargers and Broncos. NFC South won't be easy either.

14. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

As I said in 2007, next year (referring to 2008) is your shot at a Superbowl, it didn't happen, I'm not worried, I doubt they make the playoffs, but if they some how manage to, they wont make it to the big game.

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the cowboys are in a tough spot. they have a decent team and a decent coach but the eagles and giants are both just much more talented and better coached. unless they just surprise the hell out of everyone, 3rd place seems inevitable.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Wade Phillips is NOT a decent coach... :icon_rolleyes:

17. CaptainStubing

well, my definition of 'decent' is below average to average. he's not the worst coach this league has ever seen or anything like that but i would agree that he's in the bottom half of current coaches in the league right now.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

For me, Decent is better than below average. I think Phillips is outside the top 30 coaches in the NFL :icon_rolleyes:

19. CaptainStubing

so, you think phillips is probably the worst head coach in the league right now?

let me look at the list.................... (looking) ............

well, first of all, there are a ton of guys who are new this year to head coaching so we don't know if they're any good, so we should probably take them out of the discussion. I think there are 8 of those.

Then, there are a ton of guys who have only been a head coach for 1 year so we're not sure what they are yet. I think there are 6 of those. So that leaves 18 head coaches currently in the league that have been a head coach for at least 2 years.

Out of those 18, I could see Marvin Lewis, twinky Jauron, Eric Mangini, Gary Kubiak, Jack Del Rio, Brad Childress, Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton, and Norv Turner, joining Wade Phillips in making up the 'bottom 10' of those 18 and I don't really see anything in the other 9 that would make me say they are better than Phillips.

None of these 10 guys have really accomplished anything in this league. All of their winning percentages are about the same. They've all had 'some' success but have failed to really put it all together with their teams and have the ultimate success that successful coaches have.