What Saints Player Would You NOT Mind Getting Rid Of?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

You're a Saints fan and you have a guy you love, but what guy that has a realistic shot of making the team just does nothing for you?

You don't necessarily have to be a Saints fan to answer this question, the answers could be quite interesting.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

there is really no starter I would like to get rid of. maybe a back up but he would have to be replaced by a backup so no gained ground there.

3. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Reggie Bush. Sorry Saints fan, think you could do better. You need a consistant threat, not someone who shows up every 3 games.

4. Buck Fenson

damn. you are right. He is vastly overpaid but does he make the other players better by diverting the attention to himself?

5. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Lol he doesnt make them better...he makes them get open.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Get rid of all of em!!! LOL, that would be great, but we would still probably lose. :icon_cry:

6. dublin mike

That's my point. If he were to take a pay cut, I would say someone else. But to get paid the money he does as the back-up RB and punt returner is ridiculous.

7. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

This...

8. Buck Fenson

You are correct. But I don't see Bush taking another paycut. I mean he took one coming out of college.

9. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

the saints had 6500 yards of offense in the regular season last year

the average yards per play on offense was 6.1 yards per play

the saints averaged 14.6 yards per play when Bush was on the field

the saints averaged 4.9 yards per play when Bush was on the sidelines

when Bush was lined up in the slot....the wideout or TE on that side of the field had a 86 percent completion rate

when Bush lines up as a RB, the Saints average yards per reception is 8.8. When Bush lines up as a WR or slot receiver, that number jumps to 19.7

Payton's use of Bush gives DC's nightmares. you have to prepare for reggie whether you like it or not. he is the type of athlete that can score anytime he touches the ball

10. Saintsfan1972

call him an over paid diversion or decoy or what ever you want. dude is worth every dollar we pay him.

if he were to be cut tomorrow 31 teams would be crapting themselves to sign him

11. Buck Fenson

I hear you. But do we resign him as a running back? He won't hit the hole consistantly. I am glad I don't have to make that decision. Who is a better running back 72? PT or RB?

12. Saintsfan1972

better running back?....PT hands down. but bush has to be accounted for. i love the combo of these two but it's complicated as hell. i'm with you on being glad to not have to make that decision. i think this is the only reason the PT deal hasn't been done yet.

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

getting rid of bush would be madness.

id say devery henderson, hes holding meachem back

14. dublin mike

So why isn't he the starting RB? I mean, according to those numbers, the Saints could drop 10,000 yards in a season if he were on the field every play.

15. K Train

hes not and never has been a great NFL RB prospect....he has a RB ego but he is a WR and always has been. and being that he can bench over 400 pounds and squat like 700 it seems that its finally clicked for him that he CAN run with a little power behind him cause he was freaking crap up in the playoffs hes not just an open space runner anymore imo

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  16. Saintsfan1972

K Train answered it for me

17. K Train

awe shucks.

theres just no way you could give me a legitimate argument as to why hes the ONE saints player you want to get rid of...did he live up to the 2nd overall pick? probably not but he is exactly what alot of people thought he would be and thats an electrifying playmaker and someone who has a nose for the endzone. he makes everyone better on the field when hes on it and hes always dynamic with the ball in his hand

18. Saintsfan1972

i swear you and Crowned are undercover Saints fans :icon_cheesygrin:

19. K Train

i have always had a soft spot for meachem, bush, and now al woods lol