What Should The Raiders Do With Russell

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by TDJets72027, Oct 26, 2009.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

It's sad that a QB can implode like this when a team invested so much for him. To carry the Raiders back from the depths of the NFL in which they have been since the loss in the SB 7 seasons ago. And he doesn't admit that it's his fault. Well Bruce Gradkowski came in in the Jets game well when it was decided, not only did he get cheers from Raider Nation, he didn't do half bad. 10 of 19 for 97 yards.

Should they bench him? cut him? Trade him? Send him to the UFL maybe?

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

They need to put him in a time machine and send him back to LSU.

1 person likes this.
  3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Genius! i'll provide the money you build the technology and we'll make this a reality.

4. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Those are bull crap stats by bruce it was 24 zip and he went in at half time he did not do any better he threw 2 picks if the sorry butt jets would of hung on they would of had six on one of those pics. not to mention he could not hit the receivers beyond 15 yards on outs all those completions came underneath. say the whole story did he put any points on the board? no.
    Jamarcus needs to start the rest of the season and just get better because he gives us the best chance to win, not gradkowski not frye. pretty soon you will be making threads about Sanchez just like this one. Not even russell has thrown 5 INTs in a game.

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Russell does not give Oakland the best chance to win by any stretch - the dude is getting worse with every game and continuing to sacrifice him to opponents can't be good for the guys psyche.
    When they cut Garcia they made their bed.
    As for what to do with Russell - who cares, it'll be a moot point in 3 years.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

F2M is right.

There comes a time where the "learning period" has to end. His "learning" has become detrimental to the team winning and once it hampers the team from progressing forward, the experiment has to end. He's regressing instead of progressing...

7. Daddy Primetime42

have you seen any raider games this season? or are you going by stats and heresay? Because you dont know what your talking about Garcias weak butt arm would not work in this offense hed be running for his life. were not running west coast offense in oakland. Unless were trading for brady JaMarcus does give us the best chance to win right now.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Until you get russell some play makers of course its going to look like he blows the receivers we have right now do not make plays for him time after time balls just bounce off his receivers its bull. If tim brown and jerry rice were still playing for us right now we would be 4-2.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Wasn't that what all the Raider Nation was saying DHB was going to be this season?:icon_redface:

9. Daddy Primetime42

I doubt anybody said that everybody was against the pick my friend only al thought that. i just had to learn to live with it im just a fan not a GM.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well I said it before the season, either Russel was going to take the whole Garcia situation as a motivator or take a step backwards. Looks like the latter of the two.

11. Daddy Primetime42

But that is because you thought Garcia was going to challenge him for the position he didnt even put up a fight he was the one showing up just to collect a check.

12. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Does the club have a towel boy?

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

That isn't what I thought at all. I thought Russel would take the signing two ways, step forward or step backwards. I also thought Garcia would be able to help Russel develope more, but with him being cut Russel gets to learn from a career back-up.

14. Daddy Primetime42

yeah its a shame personally i wish we still had culpepper.

15. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

They can start by putting his tubby butt on a diet!!

16. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

They can't trade him. He's already in the last team of the league that would go for him. :redface:
    Yeah... If this. If that. If Steve Young was still playing in San Francisco, the 49ers would be 5-1. :redface:²

17. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

take him to the pasture and shoot him. start Lechler at QB.

18. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

See who is available in the Free Agent Market and bring them in, ( Jeff Garcia ) Giive Garcia a 3 to 4 year contract.. "try" to trade Russell... if you cant trade him he becomes the 2nd or maybe even 3rd QB

19. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Ditto! Russell isn't worth the headache anymore.

20. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Garcia pretty much said he didn't want to play there.

The trade deadline has passed already.