What Top Defensive Talent Is Going To Drop

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Mar 13, 2011.

?

What top defeinsive talent drops

1. Nick Fairley

50.0%
  2. Patrick Petterson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Daquan Bowers

50.0%
  4. Von Miller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Marcel Dareus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. None, thats your top 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

With the possibility that 2 QB's will go in the top 10, even 5, and the chance Julio Jones jumps into the top 10, it looks like one of the top defensive talents could fall.

Who do you think its going to wind up being?

2. Jihad Joe

I went with Fairley, altho I think both him and Petterson get past 5

I think Petterson will go ahead of him, they has been talk of Fairley slipping to us at #9

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I say either Fairley or Miller, but I voted Fairley. I expect Fairley to drop, I'd hope that Miller would just because a undersized one-trick passrusher doesn't have top-round value to me.

4. Jihad Joe

Im realllllllllly on the fence with Miller. I think he's a nice player, but the amount of hype surrounding him now is ridiculous. People are calling him the next Ware now that he ran a pretty little 40.

I think he would be a nasty Weakside OLB in a 3-4, but a total liability in the run on the strong side, and I really dont like speed rushers on the strong side.

Personally, I wouldnt take him in the top 5. As for us, I would much rather have Quinn

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Fairley will drop unless Dareus goes first an Denver really wants a tackle. I'm rooting very strongly for any scenario in which Peterson and/or Green is available at 6.

6. Jihad Joe

Peterson could be available, but I dont see you guys going that direction after drafting Haden

I think Denver is more likley to take Bowers the Fairley/Dareus. They ABSOLUTLY need a strong side DE.

Some top 3 senarios I can see playing out.......

1- Carolina- Newton

2- Denver- Bowers/Petterson

3- Buffalo- Dareus

1- Carolina- Darius

2- Denver- Bowers/Peterson

3- Buffalo- Cam

Denver is the only team in the top 3 that I think would consider a CB, but ultimately I think they will go DL

7. to me it's a tie between Fairley and Bowers.

Bowers is a fantastic prospect but there are huge concerns over his knee and other players have passed him while he has been down.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Look at Heckert's selection history, that convinces me that he's truly down to go strictly best player available. He took first round CBs in Phily when it definitely was not a need. Given the choice I would pass on Green for Peterson and address WR in the second or via trade or FA. That would be a great decision to have to make, though.

9. Jihad Joe

Honestly, In this draft I would rather take a CB in the seconf then a WR. This is going to be a pretty solid draft for 2nd/3rd round CB's

10. Bowers......I could see him sliding to Arizona at #5. I think he could transition to a 3-4 OLB.

I could also see Fairley drop to #8 to Tennessee.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Please let Peterson drop to 9.

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I bet 3 of those guys won't be in the top 5

13. Jihad Joe

Bowers is my main guy I want. Dudes no 5 tech like people are saying, he's pure strong side rush backer. He didnt run, but supposedly runs in the 4.6 range......at 2freaking80

On top of that he is big enough that he can swing to the 5 Tech in some packages

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Da'Quan is my favourite to slip. Whilst he is a phenomenal talent, he has one year of production and injury problems which has stopped him from working out for teams.

I can see Fairley sliding due to Haynesworth-esque qualities, as well as Von Miller because to be honest, I don't quite believe he's good enough to be considered top 5.

15. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

fairly is the obvious choice. i kinda think peterson goes 1 or 2.

bowers and quinn are falling too....bowers having knee problems, and quinn coming in at 265, not running in the 4.5s and having a brain tumor