Which NFL Player Faces The Most Pressure To Win A Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by 86WARD, Jun 24, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

After facing immense public scrutiny, LeBron James finally got the monkey off his back, winning his first NBA championship with the Miami Heat on Thursday night. Which NFL player without a ring is under the most pressure to win a Super Bowl?

Which NFL player faces the most pressure to win a Super Bowl? - NFL.com

Seems like the debate falls to Phillip Rivers or Tony Romo...thoughts?

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Urlacher is the oldest but can't really impact a game on defense like an offensive person. Offensively I would have to say Rivers because of his actual talent. You can blame some of that on the coach.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Totally agree those have some the most pressure but ithink Romo has more just because of where he plays

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Romo is the first player I thought of, but Vick has a lot of pressure as well.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

i think theres pressure on brady even though he has 3 its been a while since there last and they lost 2 since

6. ragman

No, I think the pressure is more on Romo or Vick, because they haven't gotten there yet.

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I instantly thought of Romo, but yes Vick also has a lot of pressure too.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree with the Romo crowd. Based on where he plays and what is expected and who he has followed...he's got a lot of pressure on him...

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

evander hood

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Does anyone actually expect Vick to perform at the level of bringing home a Super Bowl?

I don't think anyone actually thinks that.

Rivers and Romo, agreed.

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I agree with all this, I think a lot of people see Vick as being out of the league sooner rather than later as his ability to run declines

Edit: agree, with the stipulation of right now. Pretty soon it will be RG3 with all they gave to get him, he'll need to carry that team.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  12. 86WARD

86WARD -

LMAO!

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

you asked lol

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

True...

15. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

it's always going to be a QB and I'd say Romo

16. ragman

IMHO, there are more Cowboys fans than Chargers fans, so I think the pressure falls most on Romo.

17. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I'd have to say Romo, as well. People always want to talk about him being "elite" . Well, prove it. There's pressure there. Way more so than on Rivers in San Diego, IMO.

18. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Rivers has more, IMO, because of him being a high first round pick. Romo was an UDFA.

19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I think it has to be Romo. It's Dallas and there's been no talks of an extension yet for him. He's on the wrong side of 30 and if he doesn't win next year the team will be forced to start thinking about the future at that position and how he might just not be the man to do it.

20. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Romo has more talent at his disposal IMHO.