Which QB Was The Best Overall Number One Selection?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by 86WARD, Apr 7, 2013.

?

Which QB Was The Best No.1 Overall Pick

Poll closed Sep 4, 2013.
  1. Jim Plunkett

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Joe Namath

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Troy Aikman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Drew Bledsoe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Eli Manning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Michael Vick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Carson Palmer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Terry Bradshaw

20.0%
  9. Peyton Manning

40.0%
  10. John Elway

40.0%
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

Which QB Was The Best Overall Number One Selection?

The list includes names such as, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Drew Bledsoe, Michael Vick, Jim Plunkett, Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw, Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, John Elway.

So who do you think was the best? Was it a guy that might be the best QB the league has ever seen? The QB that was maybe the most electrifying rushing QB of his time? Could it be a QB that helped put a team on the map and make them what they are today? Maybe a "guarantee" or a "wnated kiss" does it for you?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I chose Elway. His entire career he was the face of the Broncos, and finally it all paid off with two Super Bowl wins in a row in '97 and '98.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

for me it's pretty easy. elway.

i got the chance to watch elway's entire career and even got to watch him live a few times. dude was truly amazing. he had the entire package. great pocket awareness. great vision. great instincts. he could step up in big games and big situations. he could make all the throws accurately. and to top it off he was a great athlete and could scramble for yardage when needed. he took several different rosters to the super bowl and won 2 of them.

i've been following the nfl game for about 35 years now and elway is the best qb during that time, in my opinion.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I would go Elway or Aikman. Probably Elway first and Aikman second.

I think Manning is a better qb than both of them, but his record in big games a killer.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Its probably peyton...although Bradshaw has the jewelry all these guys are drafted to get. Bradshaw was no slouch back then, he was the type of prospect that scouts salivate over....mannings, luck, elway....ect. and he has 4 rings to go with that.

I freaking hate bradshaw too

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Not even a homer pick it obviously has to be Bradshaw, he won 4 rings. What more could a franchise want out of their first pick?

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't wait for [MENTION=4043]VICK#7[/MENTION] to make his vote.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

and obviously I don't think Bradshaw is the best on that list, or even top 5. But he was the best #1 Pick for the team.

9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I guess it depends on how you define best. If you are talking best pure talent then John Elway hands down. If we are talking storied career, well that is a whole other deal. And can you really count Super Bowl games in the ultimate team sport when discussing this?

10. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

I'm going with Elway. Yes, QB's may get rings, but a lot of the wins don't just come form the QB. Yes, they have to be a leader for the team to perform well. I would think not just a leader, but all around player too. And Elway was all of that. I remember watching him play, and always sitting there going, "Wow, he is good." Elway top spot, then maybe Aikman.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I take Manning over all. If the Colts had a defense, he'd have three or more.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

This...I'll even take the "homer" criticsm, but he helped take a team out of the basement dwellings of the NFL and produce 4 Championship Teams. Not the greatest QB of all-time, but as a No.1 pick, it's all you could hope for. I'd put Aikman second followed by Elway.

13. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Yeah he did pretty good for a guy that couldn't spell cat given the c and the t. lol

14. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

It has to be John Elway face of the franchise. Of course you have to like Elway picked up Peyton, because he honestly is my #2 , I know that his playoff games just destroy him.