Which Rookie WR Will Have The Best Season?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by burnout2oo7, Aug 3, 2008.

?

Which Rookie WR Will Have The Best Season?

1. Devin Thomas, Redskins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. James Hardy, Bills

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Limas Sweed, Steelers

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. DeSean Jackson, Eagles

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  5. Malcolm Kelly, Redskins

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Other

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  1. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I know that great rookie seasons from wide receivers are rare, but who do you think will have the biggest impact in their first season?

Personally, I would go with Limas Sweed. His size and Hines Ward's decline add up to a solid rookie year for Sweed, imo. I think he will be a great weapon for Roethlisberger in the red-zone.

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think it will be limas sweed. I like desean jackson but he wont get enough playing time to make a huge impact imo.

3. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I hope it is Sweed, but I'm going to go with James Hardy. He's the tallest receiver on the Bills at 6'-6", I think Lee Evans was under 6'...The Bills have already said that they want him to be the number one target in the redzone. He's faster than a lot of those 'big receivers.' I think he'll do really well in Buffalo. But again, I hope it is Sweed!!

Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth...they'll all take redzone touches away from Sweed. Where I think Hardy will get more looks...

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Hardy's height gives him an advantage. All rookie WRs struggle at first. Hardy will find success in the 'ol throw it to the tallest guy play in the endzone and could steal some TDs this season.

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i am going with sweed because of the guys he has playing around him he might be able to sneak in there and surprise some teams that are paying attention to holmes ward and willie

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd have went with Devin Thomas if not for the injury. Thomas is big and fast and could have an immediate impact for the Redskins. Moss and Randle El will draw some attention away from Thomas and with Jim Zorn looking to pass more, it could be an ideal situation...

8. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I would say Sweed. He should be able to contribute from the get go, his presence allows Hines Ward to work the slot more and the Steelers were very effective passing the ball last season.

Both the Redskins rookies are struggling with niggles in camp and with Moss, ARE and even vet James Thrash to battle for playing time, I believe whilst they'll make some contribution, it won't be massive in their rookie years.

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I'm going to have to go with Hardy, biggest reciever out there. Toss it up in the enzone he should be able to come down with it.

10. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

Went with Hardy, all the reasons have been stated in previous posts.

I'm also a bit of a homer

11. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Voted for Hardy, just b/c, like evryone said, he's really tall. lol.

Now are we just talking receiving, or all around play? DeSean Jackson could make an impact on Special Teams.

12. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

I'm thinking Meachem......

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

im going with undrafted Danny A. getting alot camparriason to welker and we need a speddy crafty dude like that and he willbe good on SP

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-zNzpwKxEA"]YouTube - Danny Amendola Tribute Texas Tech[/ame]

14. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

i think desean will ultimately be the best widereciever from this class, but this year hes not gonna get alot of playing times so ill give it to james hardy, for now

15. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

sweed. total package and has the offensive power to back him.

16. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

jackson will be the forgotten WR from this clbutt....he'll end up being a full time return man at best.

Lavelle Hawkins will be the only cal WR worth a damn

going with sweed because i love him <3

17. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Steve Johnson, Kentucky. Buffalo Bills 7th Rounder. Steal of the draft.

18. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Harry Douglas. I think he'll be our Welker and he catches everything thrown his way. Homer pick fo' sho'.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I went with D Jax.... cause I'm a homer.... and I looked at it as all around rookie production not just WR.

20. Anidem

Anidem Official demonic presence

D. Jackson. The eagles will throw the ball a good bit, but to who? Jackson has the easiest path to a starting job.

I see a lot of support for Limas Sweed, but he is the Steelers 4th WR. He might well pass up Nate Washington as the #3 receiver eventually, but considering the Steelers will use a lot of 3wr 1te sets he would force Hines Ward to the slot. That puts him behind TE Heath Miller and Santonio Holmes in as Steelers #4 option to catch the ball when he is on the field.

Another issue I see is a lot of comments on the "Big" WR doing the jump ball thang. The NFL eliminating the force out will all but eliminate the viability of fade in the endzone to a degree the NFL will regret.