Who Goes #1 In 2008 FF Drafts?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Dec 28, 2007.

?

Who should go #1 in FF 2008 drafts?

1. Adrian Peterson

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. LaDanian Tomlinson

23 vote(s)
    60.5%
  3. Brian Westbrook

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Willie Parker

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Tom Brady

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. Payton Manning

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Randy Moss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other (please specify)

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Let's start the early speculation about Fantasy Football 2008.

So who goes #1 in next year's draft? For the first time in a few years I think there is some debate as to who the #1 pick will be. Vote now and tell us who you think should be the top guy and why.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

People will be jumping all over Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I know people will be jumping all over AP next year but my pick would be Brian Westbrook. I've had him the past two years and he is Money in FF.

5. Tomlinson. Easy Pick.

6. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

I will say Tom Brady if they keep Randy Moss cause millions of people won or lost cause of the all mighty Brady

7. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I reckon it'll be a tossup between Brady and Peterson. I don't know what order but I bet that the majority of leagues will have AP, Brady and LT as the first three picks in the draft.

If I had the #1 pick in my draft, I'd take Brady if Moss, Welker and Stallworth all remained Patriots in the off-season. If not, then I'd take Adrian Peterson.

8. DrunkBomber

DrunkBomber Rally Rex

I went with LT. Brady seems like another great pick but I think the last time a guy went back to back years as the leading fantasy scorer was Priest Holmes and LT is very consistent. AP is a health risk and he still splits time.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Until LT can't do it anymore, it's a no brainer.

10. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

lt came on strong late in the season (thankfully right after i traded for him) and showed he still has it and still deserves to be # 1 pick

11. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I drafted LT #1 last year and if I get the #1 again it will take me 0.2 seconds to say his name again! Not even close imo.

12. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I say Peyton. Cause it's all gonna be based on if Brady gets Moss back wether he has the same kindve season next year, But as we all seen this year, Peyton is always gonna do what he does best, and thats win/score tds.

13. tigersucs

tigersucs nfl-fans refugee

Went with Tomlinson as so many leagues are geared to TDs and rush yards. LT has been consistent in both areas the past few years and will continue to do so next year in what is a weak NFC West. As for Brady and Manning and any other QBs they will be mid to late 1st round picks as after the top RBs are gone the QB position is probably the next most important. Westbrook, Parker and Peterson are going to be top 5-8 as are Gore, Alexander, and Addai next year. I ended up with Westbook at the 14th pick in a 10 team league that went 1-10 then 10-1 as I had #7 overall. Took Manning in Round 1 and ended up winning the both regular season and playoffs.

14. FinFan_23

FinFan_23 Team Veteran

15. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

I would say LT. AP hasn't proven himself that he is consistant in FF IMO.
    He has his 200 yard games and 4 TD games but thats once every 5 weeks.

LT is consistant 100 plus yards 2 Tds a game.
    Hes #1 again in most league I bet.

I have the #10 pick in the upcoming year.
    Who will be available at #10? :lol:

16. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Tomlinson by far...if anyone takes Adrian Peterson over him, they're suckers. Aside from two out of this world games, Peterson was rather ordinary. He only had 6 games over 100 yards; two of which he went over 200, very impressive, but we know that's not going to happen all the time. He countered those 6 games with that up with 4 games under 50 and 2 more under 70 and 4 between 70 and 80. 12 Rushing Touchdowns is a nice number, but 6 came in those two ridiculous games...

Westbrook should rank above Peterson on most draft charts, but he doesn't. Most charts have LT at 1 and AP at 2...a few flip flopped them...:icon_rolleyes:

18. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Ladainian Tomlinson. It's between a young guy with endless possibilities and a guy who is always consistent.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I would take LT i dont think westbrook will do as much as last year cause of less carries.

20. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Ive drafted a dynasty league already this year and AP was my first pick

this statement is only worthwhile if you're playing single years
    if you're in a keeper league, or a dynasty league, APete is a great first selection