Who Is The Best Player In The NFL Under The Age Of 25?

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by 86WARD, Jun 24, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's a nice list of talent under the age of 25 in the NFL. Off the top of my head, Matthew Stafford comes to the front and if he continues to progress, it's a no brainer IMO. What's everyone else's thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

First thought... amazing tits.

Second thought... Mathew Stafford without a doubt.

But mostly, nice tits.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think a case could be made for JPP if he continues his "domination" or even Gronkowski if he continues his 2011 production. But right now, I'd have to give it to Stafford.

4. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I want to be a homer and say Aldon Smith, but I'd have to go with Stafford.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude, why you looking at Stafford's tits?

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I didn't even realize Stafford was in the picture. I didn't realize there was anything else in the picture, actually.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

7. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

QB: Cam Newton
    RB: LeSean McCoy
    WR: Julio Jones
    TE: Rob Gronkowski
    DT: Geno Atkins
    DE: Marcell Dareus
    ILB: Navorro Bowman
    OLB: Von Miller
    FS: Earl Thomas
    SS: Eric Berry
    OT: Tyron Smith
    OG: Mike Iupati
    OC: Maurkice Pouncey
    PK: Dan Bailey
    PN: Matt Bosher
    HC: Dennis Allen (Wins by default since he's the only headcoach under 25 years old.)

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good List [MENTION=3223]whatadai[/MENTION]

9. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I like your list... Only one thing stands out. Cam Newton? Gotta disagree with that one. Other than that I like it. :beer:

Should be Stafford instead of Newton.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Forgot about Von Miller until I saw the list. He's my under 25 guy. A little homer in me says Patrick Peterson.

You put together a pretty good team of under 25's, [MENTION=3223]whatadai[/MENTION].

Dennis Allen under 25? Don't think so.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Planning on surgery after this season for that high ankle sprain. Why didn't they do it this past off-season? [MENTION=2701]Puggs[/MENTION]...what's the deal up there 'cuz I'd say Stafford too if he could stay on the field.

12. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

It was close for me, but I chose Newton due to a couple of things...
    1. While Steve Smith is a GREAT WR, Megatron is much better. His ability to pull balls down in traffic in double coverage makes Stafford better than he looks. I'm not saying Stafford sucks, I'm saying Megatron makes any QB better.
    2. Stafford is nearing his ceiling while Cam isn't even close. We've seen Cam as a runner and he's at the top of his position in that category. We've also seen him as a passer, and for a guy with no off-season in his rookie year, he did pretty damn well IMO. I know there's a chance he doesn't reach his potential in the passing game, but if you're evaluating guys under 25, IMO, their ceiling should be taken into heavy consideration. Now, if Cam can get it all together and still run like that, he'll change the game. (Also why I chose Julio over AJG.)
    3. Plus, Cam gets tackled more and injured less.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  13. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Yeah, it's a Raiders joke. lol. The guy looks so young and he's the youngest HC in the NFL so people make fun of him for it.

14. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Also, I put Marcell Dareus at DE because he played DE for about half the season last year until being switched over to DT more. If you see him as a DT, I would put him above Geno Atkins since he's more versatile...being able to play in both a 3-4 and 4-3 while switching to DE or DT. The guy's a beast.

If Dareus is the top DT under 25, then my new nominee for top DE under 25 would be...Jason Pierre-Paul. He lost out to Dareus since Dareus is better at run stopping, and JPP success to me is partly due to the system in NY.

15. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Trying not to be a homer with this response but c'mon, there is no way that JPP should have lost out to Dareus. JPP is an absolute monster and physical freak, he started only 12 games last year and was dominant against the run. The dude finished with double the tackles that dareus had and he had 16.5 sacks. He has a relentless non stop motor and hes going to be very dominant for years to come.

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

What bout Tyrone smith

Dude is just 21 drafted at age of 20 and held his own on the right side of the line and since been moved to left side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

17. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Qb wise, I'd say Stafford over Cam. I still don't think Cam is going to live up to the hype.

Also, JPP is definitely a monster. I'd have to go with him over Dareus at this point.

18. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Tyron is also an absolute monster, he has to be in the argument. I am looking forward to watching him and JPP do battle for years to come