Who is your early dark horse for 2007?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Chrisbob, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Which teams, at this point (obviously before the draft but after a few cuts and signings as well as coaching changes) do you think can go from pretenders to contenders in 2007?

I'm going to go with the Cardinals. For the past two years, people have hyped them as finally getting to play-off contention and I never bought it but I like the addition of the new HC, Grimm as his assistant and with his track record of coaching OL's, I think he can help improve a real weakness. I also think Leinart and that passing offense is ready to take off.

You heard it here fist, a wild card for the Cards in 2007!

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

You got a taste of the offseason Cardinals Kool-Aid, didn't you? Each offseason the Cards are predicted to make a move and they fall flat on their faces. I think a weak NFC West helps but when all is said and done I think other teams jump them within their own division.

My dark horse team for 2007 is another NFC West team, the 49ers. I like how they are rebuilding their defense and are a decent WR away from having a well rounded offense. Frank Gore has quickly become one of my favorites in the NFL and while Alex Smith isn't going to become a Hall of Famer IMO, he is serviceable and is mobile enough to make some plays.

3. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I think the Niners biggest lost was (*glup* - can't believe I'm going to say this) Norv Turner. He made a big impact on that offense IMO and while he's a Turd of a HC, he's a very successful OC.

I didn't buy the Cards the last two years btw:)

4. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

I'm going with the Niners. I'm thinking they will sniff the playoffs this year and be a solid playoff team next year. My other choice would be the Miami Dolphins.

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Ask me end of September if the Dolphins go 3-1. :lol:

6. UkCowboy

UkCowboy Starter

I am looking at two teams at the moment. The titans (fairly obvious reasons given the way they finished the year) and the bucs. I thought last year if the bucs had a qb they could be dangerous. Garcia proved with the eagles he can move the chains. Add in the potential drafting of calvin johnson and you have a team capable of competing. The only negative for them is their division is usually a tough one to win.

7. SRW

I like UKCowboy already :mrgreen:

8. The 49ers(did I say that?) because:

1-The defense. Nabbing Clements and Tully-Cain was key. But then again, some football smarts and LOTS of cap space will do that to you.

9. SRW

The Niners are also helped by being in the weak NFC West, could be the worst division in the NFL.

10. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Could be is an understatement. Any of those teams gould go 2-14 or 12-4.

11. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

+ Steve gets Brownie points at home for showing the 9ers some love.

I'm going with the Panters. Is Jake done in Carolina? I think not...
    Plus if they can get another DE early in the draft, look out for that Defence.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I have a few dark horse teams for 2007.

This first one kills me to admit it but I will, the GREEN BAY PACKERS. Just look how they finished 2006. Yes Favre needs to retire but he is one tough SOB and is the leader of that football team.

My second one is the TENNESSEE TITANS. Vince Young progressed a lot faster last season than I thought and probably a lot of other people thought too.

My thrid one is the TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS. It was QB by committe last year with Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, and Bruce Gradkowski but not this year with Jeff Garcia. If Jeff Garcia is surrounded by talent, he will do wonders for a team no matter how long he's there.

As for the Arizona Cardinals, they're gonna have to show me something on the field before I bye into them or not.