Who Should The 49ers Get? I'm Lost

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by 49erGenius, Jan 12, 2008.

1. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I know the 49ers need a number of people on the DLine to generate a pass rush, Jonas Jennings/Larry Allen are out, we need a good WR, one that can be our no. 1 WR, a LB like Beau Bell...help the Genius, I'm stumped.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

How can you be stumped when you're the 49er Genius?

3. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

OK Dawkins, I'll make it easy for you. Here are 3 considered WRs:

1Malcolm Kelly*6'4"2182Desean Jackson*6'0"1783James Hardy*6'6"220

Now if I saw the 49ers get either Desean Jackson or James Hardy, what are the odds that they'll still be around? Better yet, what if our IRRESPONSIBLE ownership tries to save a 'buck' or two and say 'well, let's get Hardy by say the 3rd round, but WHOOPS, he's GONE! Now we have to take the inconsiderate midget with hands of Darrel Jackson that drops the ball.

That's why I'm stumped.

4. unstable

unstable I need sex

but youre a genius...

5. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

6. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

SF runs a 3-4 they don't need speedy DTs. They need an NT who is stout againist the run and can take on double teams to Free up Willis and whoever else that is going to be the ILB.

7. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Explain to me how Glen Dorsey is even a consideration since he'll be gone with probably the 1st pick. By the 3rd is a guarantee. Are you thinking they can make a trade or what? He shouldn't even be on your list.

8. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

The mock says he's a no. 2 pick, which translates to say maybe no. 22 in the first round. The local paper said that DeSean Jackson may be GONE in either no. 11 or 16 to 17 in the mocks, and if the 49ers have no. 25 or so, we may be hecked in the WR department again!

http://www.marinij.com/cal/ci_7985558

Jackson's abilities were reviewed by NFL personnel evaluators, and it was determined he would be a first-round pick. ESPN's Scouts Inc. ranks Jackson as the No.11 prospect in the 2008 draft. Some other online mock drafts have Jackson going in the Nos. 16-17 range.

And if James Hardy gets taken before our pick is up, what WRs are left in the 2nd round to get that can meet Martz's standards of speed and good hands?

9. dolphindude13

You have a mock that says Dorsey will last until the 22nd pick? What in the heck is that person smoking? Post the link I want to see this dumbass for myself.:eek:hboy:

10. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

http://www.nflfans.com/x/index.php
    There's Offensive Prospects and where they are ranked. That's where I got the information from. The same goes with defense.

I don't know what other way to list the site.
    WRs listed are:
    1Malcolm Kelly*6'4"2182Desean Jackson*6'0"1783James Hardy*6'6"2204Early Doucet6'0"2125Adarius Bowman6'4"2206Earl Bennett*6'1"2057Mario Manningham*6'0"1858Limas Sweed6'5"2189Andre Caldwell6'120010Devin Thomas*6'2"215[​IMG] Steal This[more]

Now if Jackson is taken by 11, 16, or 17, and Hardy may be gone...what's left?

11. dolphindude13

I don't know what that is.....look at any mock draft you can find and I promise Dorsey won't last past the 3rd pick of the 1st rd! That sites a clusterheck!

12. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Still waiting for some answers in WR/DLine.

13. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

You can find good receivers and other players besides the 1st round. Thats how Thompson has built the Packers. He is not much into free agency, and his number one pick last year hardly even played.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I agree N1, Jackson will be gone by the time the 49ers come up but there are many players throughout a draft that end up being really good players for the teams they go to, I just hope that they actually have some great luck.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Sounds like Singles is really locked in with/onto Phil Wheeler at the Senior Bowl, and you know what happened last year when that was the case with another speedy young linebacker.

Also, Adarius Bowmans stock seems to be dropping...I saw him drop an easy wide-open catch in one-on-ones yesterday, and from reports that wasn't his only drop by any means. He's not the kind of guy who's going to dazzle anyone at the combine either, so if he drops into the 2nd I wouldn't think he would still be on the board after we pick. I already had him pegged as a potential target for us...

Another guy who I have seen us taking in mocks (1st) and being talked about is Gosder Cherilus. He looked reaaally good in one-on-ones yesterday from what I saw, the kid is HUGE, but really quick and agile, if he doesn't improve his stock too much between now and draft time I'd love to see him with our 1st.

As far as Dline, yeah we need it, but as usual there aren't a lot of 34 nose guys around at all, and 34 DE's or even potential DE's aren't exactly a dime a dozen either. I dunno. I'd expect to see it adressed with 4th and lower round "potential" guys with the size to play the positions but maybe not the experience. Frank Okam is a guy I remember being talked about last offseason, that McNolan coveted him and was hoping would declare last year. I'm not sure if they are still interested after his season and questions about his motivation/drive, but if he slips to the 3rd or lower we might draft him.

16. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Draft? BEER!!

:icon_jook:
    too bad you can't draft new ownership.
    :violent05: :ganja:

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Tell me about it.

18. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I hear ya. So I guess the 49ers might not get a WR and keep the ones currently? That's not going to work at all, but I guess if the WRs are gone by the time we come up, nothing much to do about it. I'm mystified as to why ownership would wait until 2009 and beyond to fix the team. It's like getting a flat tire and choosing not to fix it. :rollinglaugh: I bet old John Boy has the wife push the car home. I don't know why a team says they'll fix things when they'll keep it the same. Or if they do fix it, it's like they say in fishing they rather catch the guppy instead of the King Salmon. Looks like another long year for us.:icon_rolleyes:

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Why not wait until the draft, see who the 49ers actually do pick up before you start complaining about fixing things.

20. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I'm just frustrated for I see some great talent in the mocks, but we're either too far down in the first to pick it up, or the tight wads gamble that the player we want will be in the next draft pick (IE from 2nd round to third round just to save a few bucks). I feel 7 picks for us is not enough where we need double. I mean, we need one player that starts and one in reserve if the player got hurt. Out of Dline/Oline/WR, We might not fix the priority areas.