Why Thumbnails On News?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Alcohol_IV, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

I'm curious why you guys use thumbnails on the news stories threads, rather than the full (non-thumbnail) images? I get the size limit for some of the feeds though.

I usually visit the site via Latest NFL Headlines and read what appeals to me, so in this way having the images inside the story threads themselves would look nicer.

As always keep up the good work!

2. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Reply from SRW in 3...2...1.

3. Alcohol_IV

I just hope it's not a "WTF why didn't you PM me this" and "Because you don't answer my PMs love" thread.

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

If you click on the thumbnail, you can see it better.

It's only for the top stories and is removed once it is removed from the front page...

As for the "technical answer" you're going to have to wait for SRW...and as SoDev put it...

:popcorn:

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Mr. I-know-how-to-run-a-forum........

Funny that you're the only one to complain about this, I just wonder what took you so long :icon_rolleyes:

We're using thumbnails to keep the loading times low. As Ward stated above, just click on the image for a larger picture

7. Alcohol_IV

I like to suggest things from time to time, that's all.

Thanks for your explanation Olly! Wouldn't that also make sense to disable sigs on all News too?

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The sig from the threadstarter is disabled by default. Feel free to disable all other sigs for you in your user cp