Will The San Diego Chargers Reach The Postseason?

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by SRW, Nov 9, 2007.

?

Will The Chargers Reach The Playoffs?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Will the San Diego Chargers reach the postseason?
    Can the Chargers sneak in after a horrible start? Or did last week's loss expose many of the team's weaknesses and leave them vulnerable for one of the most disappointing seasons in team history? Discuss...

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Man...who knows? If they pull it together yes. The AFC west has suddenly become the weakest division but if they continue to struggle perhaps the Chiefs will knock them off. Broncos won't make it and neither will the Raiders so....it's a matter of who loses the least in the west. Thinking 8-8 might make a champ out of someone in the west.

3. SRW

The AFC West is a shell of it's former self. The Raiders are putrid, the Broncos are imploding, the Chiefs lead the division yet might have a major injury to Larry Johnson and could be switching QB's. As bad as the Chargers have looked this year I still think when all is said and done they are the last one standing in this division.

4. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

I voted yes because of the division they are in. It crazy one week they play like the Colts the next they play like the Dolphins, very inconsistent

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

The way this defense is looking right now and with LT, and a legitimate WR in Chambers who will only get better as he gets to know the system I think they should be the favorites for the division.

6. SRW

Did Chris Chambers even play tonight??? They need to get him more involved. Phillip Rivers is a joke right now. They are winning in spite of him. At some point he's going to have to step up.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I voted yes...

The Chiefs? Not enough offense.

The Raiders? PLEASE!

The Broncos? Up and down this year like the Chargers but the Chargers are the better team.

8. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

If the Chargers were in any other division in the AFC this year then I'd say no, but seeing as the AFC West is piss poor then they've got a chance. Now that they beat the Colts I think that they'll win their division meaning they'll make the playoffs automatically - I think it's fair to say there won't be a wildcard coming from the West that's for sure. But when we beat them this coming week they'll be a chance for the Chiefs or Broncos (yes I'm counting out the Raiders) to get themselves on level terms again with them, and with three divisional games left for SD... It really is a tossup. As long as they don't c**k up in those divisional games they'll make the playoffs.

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I just hope Norv realizes why the offense was good last year, maybe he hasn't heard of LT.

10. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Yes they will.

11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Yes,even with Rivers at QB. Man,he sucks. How does a QB get worse the next year.

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

When the offense is completely predictable and with poor oline play. Although those aren't the only reasons. If the fans know which plays are coming I'm sure the defenses do as well. Just watch us run on 1st down almost every drive and of course teams will run blitz and stop us.

13. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

It definitely killed San Diego with the coaching change. Too bad,because they had a GREAT team last year. There D is still solid,but man are they lost on Offense. The D finally wears out from being on the field too long. Still Rivers is not making plays he should make.

14. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Chargers are the ONLY team in the AFC West that will make the playoffs.

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Cottrell isn't any better, we were doing great pressuring Peyton in the 1st half then he decides that it'd be smart to stop doing it in the 2nd half.

The thing that's killed us the most is the 2nd half adjustments, they've been awful. 3 of the 4 games we lost were blown in the 2nd half, and we almost lost this game in the 2nd half.

16. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I wouldn't mind if they did, but I voted no because it looks to me based on schedules and a little homerism that the broncos still have a shot.

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Sure they have a shot....but it's a very slim shot. This division really just sucks this year.