Willie Colon Helping RT Flozell Adams With Steelers Offense

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Aug 4, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

With his right foot in a bulky boot and his season over before it began, Willie Colon watched the Steelers practice Monday morning with the conscience of a concierge. He's willing to do anything to help the Hotel. Now that his streak of 50 consecutive starts at right tackle has been ended by a torn Achilles tendon, Colon is hoping to mentor his replacement, Flozell Adams — aka "Hotel" — in making the transition from left tackle to the right side. "Flo has never been in a zone system. Down in Dallas, he was pretty much a power guy," Colon said. "It is a big transition. A lot of people don't understand that. It's going to take him some time. Any tidbits I can give him to make his transition easier, I will try to help him out with that. "That's my role right now, and I'm willing to take it on." The 6-foot-3, 315-pound Colon, a five-year veteran, was injured during an agility drill June 28 at the Steelers' South Side practice facility. "I went to explode out and it just went on me," said Colon, who was placed on injured reserve and will miss the 2010 season. "I reached down and felt the area around my ankle, and I knew. I couldn't get up, so I knew it was bad. I already knew that with Achilles you're pretty much smoked, so it was devastating that I was hurt. I can't cry over it no more."

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review