Willie Colon Turns Down Extra $3 Million To Stay With Steelers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Jul 28, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Before he could jump in the shower and head to Latrobe, offensive tackle Willie Colon was jumping for joy after agreeing to a five-year contract with the Steelers for $29 million this evening. "I'm happy ... I could not see leaving," Colon said. "My happiness is in that room and with coach [Sean] Kugler.'' That room would be the one where line coach Sean Kugler gathers together his players for meetings, and they will be rejoined by another key member. Jonathan Scott, who started at left tackle after Max Starks' neck injury last November, also came to terms with the team this evening on a two-year contract. Colon, who missed last season with an achilles injury after starting the previous three years at right tackle, said he accepted $3 million less over the life of the contract from the Steelers than what the Chicago Bears had offered him to join them. "I know what I got in that room and on that team," Colon explained. "My happiness means more to me."

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Scott comes to terms on a two-year deal...

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im saying they roll with him at RG still and restructure flo to play RT

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

What about LT? They're not going with Scott are they? Convince me they aren't...

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

colon and flo will no way be in the running for LT i hope not at least

i think LT will end up being starks if he can get his weight down and make what hes worth (lower-mid tier LT with back/neck/weight problems) but if not i think its gonna be a battle between scott and gilbert, and i wouldnt count gilbert out