Wisconsin OT Gabe Carimi's Arms Measured 35 1/4 Inches

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 24, 2011.

1. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

imo i think this guy has IT and could be a great draft pick

2. I really like him. He could be an elite RT.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes not a just RT prospect like guys like loadholt and cherilus were...imo hes a RT with serious LT potential....think jake long-lite

4. I get you on that. As a LT I just don't think he is agile enough. I think it would be a stretch.

5. K Train

on some teams probably not....teams like the steelers he could definitely do it. LT has become pretty overrated as they need to be these phenomenal athletes and former TEs but jason smith sucks, bruce campbell sucks, nate solder sucks, and i just dont see what people see in tyron smith either....

guys like chris williams and william beatty have been unimpressive too as being touted as these amazing athletes and pass blockers that can play only on the left side.

give me carimi and sherrod over solder and castonzo any day

6. agreed I definitely agree with you but there has to be some sort of limit for the position.

I think Carimi falls just short of the limit imho.

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I agree, alot of Carimi's problems come from poor technique, he'll grind you in the run game and with those size arms i think he can play LT

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think he is passable as a LT, elite as a RT. And passible as in you can do it, but you dont want him starting.

I really hope the scouts dont see him as an LT, because I want him in the second, and there is no way I want a RT in the first. Carmiri wont be nearly as good a LT as Free is

And your right, Solder and Castonzo are all that is wrong in the world. I hate white people, unless there name is Doug Free

9. no way in heck Carimi drops to the 2nd.

10. Jihad Joe

If the scouts dont like him as a RT then he could possibly. At least to where we pick witch is 8th in the second I believe this isnt a weak draft like in 2008 when Cherilous went in the first

Pipe dream senario for me, but remotely possibly. Crap, most thought Bruce Campbell was top 10 and Charles Brown was a first rounder last year and Brown went in the last pick in the second and Campbell went in the 4th

11. Jihad Joe

Since this is our first draft season posting together, and you seem like your gonna be a rg roun these parts, I just want to point out to you (before K Train does, and he will tri weekly) bout me that ya may not have heard...........

Im usually always wrong. In fact i believe the only thing Ive accuratly foretasted (other then dallas drafting Bryant, and thats only because Gooselin called it and he has inside info), was that AOA would go in the 4th

Typically If I say something will or could happen, its the kiss of death. So feel free to mock Carmiri in the Top 10 from now on

12. haha ok.

idk about top 10 but I definitely think he will be too good of a RT to drop to round 2.

13. Jihad Joe

This OT class is so pathetic, I wouldnt be shocked if he climbs that high.

However scouts seem to be jerking off alot to Solder, and Costanzo seems to be that guy that every year scouts overlook his craptiness to fall in love with.

I heard alot of talk during the Senior Bowl practices that Carmiri wasnt overly athletic. i think that could hurt him

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  14. K Train

carimi is a mammoth though, hes really similar in size and ability to jake long....people said long could possible be a good LT, but would almost certainly be an elite RT.

i wouldnt be surprised to see him be the first tackle taken, id love for him to fall to the steelers