WR Calvin Johnson Lines Up At Safety For The Lions

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Sweets, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Detroit Lions wide Calvin Johnson lined up at safety along the goal line on the final play of yesterday's game in Tampa according to Paula Pasche of the Oakland Press. The Bucs were down 27-20 and had 42 yards between the line of scrimmage and the end zone. “In those situations you want to put good match-ups on the field, and we made a pretty good match-up out there to knock that ball down that’s all that matters,’’ Johnson said. After a 16-yard pass from Josh Freeman to Earnest Graham, they started with the lateral passes to keep the ball alive. “I was all ‘oh shoot’ — I almost broke a sweat for a second when the ball went to the other side, there wasn’t nobody over there I was like ‘oh shoot’,’’ said Johnson who didn’t mind standing there but didn’t really want to be forced to make a tackle.

Source: The Red Zone

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I wouldnt even call it Safety. He was just standing on the goal line to knock down a hail mary.

3. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Scared to make a tackle huh lol?

4. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Nothing to see here! I sware ppl will write a story about how fast the paint dried if they got paid for it.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Ugh. Randy freakin' Moss even did this a time or two.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

they'd crap themselfs if he had got hurt