WR Jerricho Cotchery Agrees To Deal With Steelers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

With Hines Ward getting older, the Pittsburgh Steelers decided their roster could use some more depth at the wide receiver position. After seven years in New York, Cotchery is headed to Pittsburgh. Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that free agent wideout Jerricho Cotchery and the Steelers will agree to terms on a one-year deal later today. The seven-year veteran out of North Carolina State put together back-to-back 80+-reception seasons in 2006 and 2007 before watching his production drop in each of the following three years, due mostly to the fact that he was playing behind Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this is really a dumb signing

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't mind it. He'll keep a seat warm for when Sanders gets back. Is an upgrade over ARE and is a little insurance if Ward gets hurt. Could be another Shaun McDonald deal, but for now, I don't mind it. I just don't want to see him getting reps over Brown and Sanders (when healthy.) then I would have a major problem with it.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't mind it either, possession receiver.

5. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Guess that 5th WR job for the vet min wasnt so bad after all lol, i think he thought he thought he'd have more interest then he did. I never got the sense we'd sign him for anything other then insurance if we offered him a contract at all, we decided not and here he is, good signing, depth is never a bad thing.