WR Terrell Owens Still Playing, Not Ready To Give Up On NFL Comeback

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Terrell Owens said Wednesday that he has no plans to file retirement papers with the NFL, adding that he was surprised no team signed him last season after he had knee surgery on his torn anterior cruciate ligament, according to ESPN. The former 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills and Bengals receiver spoke Wednesday night, as he was introduced to hundreds of football fans at the Allen Events Center near Dallas, Texas, where Owens is scheduled to play for the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League. "It was an opportunity for myself and my family," Owens said. "It's a way for myself to keep in shape. I haven't retired from the NFL. I want to play a couple more years. This right here will allow me to do that and assess where I am. I know I'm physically fit to play the game still." The 38-year-old Owens also expressed disappointment that he wasn't able to retire as a member of the Cowboys, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I think everybody knows after the first three years, (that I wanted to retire with the Cowboys)," Owens said. "I had signed an extension and after that season I got that call or whatever, that meeting that said they wanted to part ways ... "I'm not bitter about it. At that time it was disappointing considering the stadium was about to be open and he (Cowboys owner Jerry Jones) had told me I was going to be a big part of that process and then it's like having the wind knocked out of you. But life goes on."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

What comeback?

3. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Can't wait.

4. jwmann2

jwmann2 Starter

This guy is a joke. He is a desperate for money. He needs to step away from playing and begin coaching at a small college as a receivers coach. The fact that he has squandered away 80 million dollars is absolutely hilarious.