WR Victor Cruz Promises Not To Hold-Out Even If The Giants Don’t Give Him More Money

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Victor Cruz is still dreaming of a lucrative new contract, but he promises that he won't hold out to get it. The 25-year-old receiver made that vow on Thursday, answering "Yes" when he was asked if he would definitely be at training camp and play the regular season even if the Giants refused to re-work his deal, Cruz is scheduled to make $540,000 in 2012, which is the last year of his rookie contract. So far, he said, there have been no talks about a contract extension. And that, he added, is "fine" with him. "I've never been the kind of guy to hold out or rebel or anything like that," Cruz said. "Because I didn't have that opportunity. I didn't get drafted. Any time I've got to be in an NFL locker room, I'll take advantage of it, even if it's after a Super Bowl. "I'm just happy to be here, man. The money stuff and the contract stuff will kind of take care of itself." It could be a while before anything is taken care of with Cruz's contract, because entering his third year in the NFL he doesn't have much leverage. He may have become a breakout star last season, catching 82 passes for a team-record 1,536 yards and nine touchdowns during the regular season, but he's still two years away from being an unrestricted free agent.

Source: NYDaily News