Wrestlemania XXVII

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by andy82, Feb 22, 2011.

1. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[​IMG]

4/3/11 - Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA

Hosted by The Rock

US Championship: Sheamus (c) vs Daniel Bryan

Kane, Big Show, Vladimir Kozlov & Santino Marella vs The Corre (Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater)

Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes

Randy Orton vs CM Punk

John Morrison, Trish Stratus & Snooki vs Dolph Ziggler & LayCool (Michelle McCool & Layla) w/ Vickie Guerrero

Special Referee (Steve Austin) Jerry "The King" Lawler vs Michael Cole w/ Jack Swagger

WWE Championship: The Miz (c) vs John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge (c) vs Alberto Del Rio

No Holds Barred/Streak Defence: Undertaker vs Triple H

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

CM Punk is money right now. He might steal the show this year. I am looking forward to Del Rio. I hope they put him over.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

WHat exactly does the Host do?

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Kick some candy asses? :dontknow:

5. SRW

Layeth the smackdown?

6. andy82

With Randy Orton? Sadly I doubt it.

A 30 second segment with the Bella Twins probably.

7. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Walk people to their seats and give them their menus.

8. SRW

If anyone can pull a good match out of Orton it's Punk. Orton as a face doesn't work for me but I think when all is said and done they might leave it out there for this match.

9. andy82

The problem with Randy is that his moveset is very limited and works at a slow pace, and working with someone like Punk will only expose that. But on the flip side, the ROH boys can put on a solid match with anyone (Daniel Bryan vs The Miz a great example) so it'll be interesting if RKO does pick up the pace.

And I totally agree that he just doesn't work as a face, and when he did make the turn I don't think it was intentional, unless bullying his proteges for months can count as becoming a "good guy". Then again, I just find him easily dislikable.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Does the Miz or this Albert guy stand a chance to defeat Cena or Edge? WHo is michael cole? The announcer guy?

11. SRW

You'd really have to ask Vince McMahon that one.
    see below...
    yes.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

So the announcer and color guy are going to go at it...lol...what's the background there? I'd like to see a couple NFL guys go toe to toe...

13. SRW

Michael Cole is a huge Miz fan and it all started here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Eh-2dvATs]YouTube - Jerry Lawler beats the hell out of Michael Cole[/ame]

Lawler then went on to win a battle royal to become the #1 contender vs the Miz....he eventually lost to the Miz last Sunday, just one week after Lawler's mother passed away. That led to this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9w3ktTZiVc]YouTube - Jerry Lawler & Michael Cole Promo - Raw 21.02.2011[/ame]

14. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Updated Card:

Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship

The Miz (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship

The Undertaker vs Triple H

15. Mike S.

Updated Card:

The Undertaker vs Triple H

Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler

C.M. Punk vs Randy Orton

16. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Lol. Randy Orton > CM Punk. :]

It amuses me how people can be such huge fans of Kane, Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock. All with "limited" movesets, but with Randy its a problem. I agree, him being a face .. especially with his gimmick isn't easy, but i've always been a fan of the guy.

I think The Miz is a joke, and as much as I don't like Cena, I'd much rather see him as champ.

17. andy82

Time to have a field day.

All of those guys you mentioned are guys who rose to the top in the 90's. In those times, the bookers used to listen to the fans, when the fans chanted Die Rocky to uber-face Rocky Maivia, they changed his gimmick, turned him heel and got him over. Steve Austin got over with the help of a fantastic gimmick and masterful booking, turning him mega face whilst creating a whiny heel in Bret Hart. Undertaker & Kane also got big because the gimmick. People love those guys, and those guys whilst with limited movesets (Admittedly, Steve Austin's was due to injury), could put on great matches.

Now, to my point. Modern day WWE isn't about putting over guys fans love, they put over guys they love and shove down your throat til they get a reaction. Randy Orton recently is a fantastic example of this, because his gimmick, essentially, is a stripped back Steve Austin without the charisma and with spazzy taunts. His matches also are very poor, he generally slows them down to the point where its a rest hold every second move, with the moves between being his reverse backbreaker, stomps, second rope DDT and punches, before finishing with an RKO or Punt. It's very repetitive and gives us an all-round bland "superstar".

And to say Randy Orton is better than CM Punk is all round absurd. CM Punk is an outstanding worker in the ring, and since turning heel, has hands down been the best guy on the whole roster (And I include his doomed Straight Edge Society in that).

It's not co-incidence that they have paired Orton with Punk at Wrestlemania.

18. Mike S.

[​IMG]

Updated Card:

No Holds Barred - The Undertaker vs Triple H

Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler - Special Referee: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

C.M. Punk vs Randy Orton

19. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Your opinion is valued as much as my own in your eyes.

The fans are what make the company. I don't care how talented someone may or may not be. Take Jeff Hardy for instance. They're trying so hard to make him a heel in TNA, and its not possible. The times I have seen it, he still has people cheer for hiim.

Randy's gimmick is way better as a heel. To me, he's better as a heel. I get you saying he slows the match down, etc. But, its cool. THat's your opinion.

To me, CM Punk is a joke.

20. SRW

I had no issue with your opinion until you went here. Right now Punk is the best heel in the company. Who gets more heat than him? Vickie Guerrero? Michael Cole?