XL111

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TOP DAWG, May 28, 2008.

1. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

:icon_cool: I know this is a little early,but who do you think we are playing in the next Super Bowl?

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Uh yeah. If you guys make it there, I think you'll either be playing the 'girls or the Saints. Aren't you guys pretty geriatric?

3. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Nah. They made the moves on D they needed to make. Offense is loaded. :icon_smile: Intensity is already building.

4. chiefswin19games

We will see won't we. :beerchug:

Can't wait for football.

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I'm smelling a Super Bowl XXXIX rematch.

6. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Really? If Andy can concentrate on coaching vs what days he can visit his kids in prison,that's a possibility.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Top Dawg!! I hadn't seen you since early february? Everything ok? Need a shave? Did the sun light hurt your eyes the first time you came out in months? :lol:

Pats vs. 'Boys :cool:

8. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I'm busier than a dollar ho on Saturday night in Pittsburgh. I find the time when the season rolls around. Pats/Cowboys my prediction.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ohh...ok. I pictured you storming to your room at the end of XLII, and not coming out until today...I wouldn't blame you :lol:

10. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Nah,the best team won that day. I'll never get over it,but hey,that's sports.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

Cowboys...yes.

[​IMG]...don't think so...:laughy32: :laughy32: :laughy32:

12. burnout2oo7

No freaking way the Turds make the Super Bowl. That would require Romo to win more than one playoff game, and he hasn't proven he can win one yet.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And how exactly has he proven that? I'll give you that he crapped the bed in the Seahawks game, but he didn't lost to the Giants...he kept us in the game despite all the mistakes the receivers and defense made.

Wanna know about one guy who has proven he can't win the big one? Well...you should know better at this point...

14. chiefswin19games

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

AJ Feeley.

16. burnout2oo7

Has he won a playoff game yet? No. So how am I wrong by saying that he hasn't proven he can win a playoff game yet?

Most players in this league will never win a Super Bowl in their career. So a player hasn't done it yet in his career. Big whoop. And once again, someone throws around the loose "big game" term. The NFCCG was the "big game" until McNabb won it in 04. Every playoff game is a "big game" imo. The intensity level isn't just increased in the Super Bowl, it's that way in every game leading up to it. He's made big plays in big situations (see 4th and 26) and won plenty of "big games" in his career. People like to confuse hasn't won the Super Bowl with can't win the Super Bowl (see Peyton manning).

And why doesn't it surprise me that an argument with a Cowboys fan about Dallas making the SB immediately turns into an argument about Donovan McNab not being able to win the big one?:icon_rolleyes:

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If Freddie Mitchell doesn't pull that fluke in 4th and 26, and if Patrick Crayton doesn't drop that pass in 3rd and 13, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I know..."if"...what a word.

The point is, QBs aren't the only players for their teams...they depend on OLs, WRs, RBs and defenses to win games.

John Elway, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning...they all have been labeled "they can't win the big one" at one point, and look at them now. Tell me that Romo is a choker and he never was able to win a play-off game after he retires, not after his first full year as a starter.

McChoke on the other hand, has proven many times that he bends under pressure. He could eventually win it too, but I'd put my money on Tony now.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

McChoke. I think I got that at McDonald's a few years ago. Speaking of that, I haven't eaten that crap in years, let me derail the thread for 2 seconds...Shamrock Shakes...do they still have those there around St. Patty's Day? Random thought.

19. chiefswin19games

McMuffin, take a crap.

20. burnout2oo7

Since when is catching a ball a fluke? It's not like he one handed a horrible pass and saved McNabb, McNabb put the pass right on the money.

I don't know how you can go on that rant about QBs not being the only players to defend Romo and then write those last two sentences. Put that next to hypocrisy in the dictionary.