Yahoo Suing NFLPA Over Fantasy Stats

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by wide right, Jun 3, 2009.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Just a little more than a month after the U.S. district court in Minnesota ruled in CBS favor against the NFL Players Association over use player stats and likenesses in fantasy games, Yahoo has filed a similar suit in the same district. In its filing, Yahoo! Alleges that NFL Players (the business arm of the players association) has threatened to sue the company if it uses player stats and related information in its fantasy contests without paying proper royalties fees. As a result of the April ruling in the CBS case, Yahoo! believes it should no longer be subject to such royalties.

Source: fantasysportsbusiness.com

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Get 'em Yahoo!!!

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

It makes sense that the ruling applied to CBS should also be applied to Yahoo. I nothing bad ever happens to Yahoo. Their fantasy football is my favorite. It gets better every year.

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

:word: And I'll go a step further and say any Fantasy league (Baseball, Basketball etc...) blows away CBS, ESPN and every other site I've found.

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Following the NFLPA logic, should all news companies also pay fees because they use the same "related information"? :dontknow:

If the NFLPA is already trying to glean some money here and there, it is not a good sign in view of the new CBA negociations...

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

The ruling that has been made in CBS' favor should also apply to Yahoo!...no doubt...however, the case in general is a bit silly in my opinion. NFL Players is really trying to lay claim to numbers?