Your NFL Mid-season Awards

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by FSUViking, Nov 6, 2007.

1. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

MVP: Hmmm....tough call here.......haha. Brady could sit the rest of the year and still win it.

OROTY: It's embarrassing to even pose the question.......AD. :laugh2

DROTY: I'm going with LaRon Landry here.

COACH OTY: Jeff Fisher. You can't name a Titan outside of Vince Young and he's got this team 6-2 and only one game behind the Colts and they should have beaten them earlier this year. Unbelievable job by one of the best coaches in the NFL.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: The Titans. Arguments can be made for the Packers or Lions, but for the reasons that Fischer is COTYR, the Titans are my surprise team.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Lots of "good" choices here, but I'm going with the Jets. A playoff team a year ago to a 1-win team? What happened to the Mangenius?

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

MVP: Brady. Runner-up: Romo, Peyton, Peterson
    Def. Player: DeMarcus Ware (ladies and gentlemen...my homer pick).
    Off. Player: Brady
    OROY: Peterson...duh.
    DROY: Probably LaRon Landry...can't think of another...
    HC: Wade Philips, Mike McCarthy, maybe even Jeff Fisher. No way they give it to Bellichick.

Surprise: Packers
    Dissapointment: Bears

3. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

For me it'd be:

MVP: Adrian Peterson - he's carried the Vikings offence so far.
    OFF: Tom Brady - just look at those numbers he's put up, they're insane.
    DEF: Demeco Ryans - I'm not 100% about this one, but he's played well for the Texans and has come up with some tide-turning plays already this year, he's been excellent for a man in just his seond year.
    OROTY: Adrian Peterson - he's carried that Vikings offence so far.
    DROTY: Pat Willis - he leads the NFL in tackles and is a stud in that 9ers defence already, he is certainly a Ray Lewis in the making.
    Suprise: Cleveland Browns - who would have thought that after the QB contraversy at the beginning of the season that Derek Anderson would do so well and this Browns team finally gets rid of that "crap of the AFC North" tag.
    Disappointments: Rams - everyone knew their O-Line wasn't the best but surely no-one predicted they'd be 0-8? Also the Jets, they've gone from a team pushing for the playoffs the past few years to being out of the playoff race already.

4. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

MVP: Brett Favre - he's carrying that team. He makes brilliant throws at crucial points in the game, and gets everything out of his teammates. Who thought the Packers would be 7-1?
    OROTY: Adrian Peterson - obviously. he's the best RB to come out since Emmitt Smith, if he can stay healthy, he's going to torturing defenses for the next 10 years.
    DROTY: Patrick Willis - This guys an absolute stud, I'm going to hate playing him twice a year for the foreseeable future.
    Suprise: Browns - I thought this was the worst team in the league, by far. At the beginning of the season, we were all talking about when they'd turn the offense over to Quinn. Now everyone's talking about if they'll ever turn the offense over to Quinn.
    Disappointments: Bears - Went from the NFC Champion to last in the NFC North in one season. Enough said.

5. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Well heres mine

MVP: Only really one option yes its that man Brady again

OROTY: Peterson

DROTY - Tough one between Willis and Landry, I'm going Willis

Surprises: Cleveland - Come on, no-one expected them to be any good

Disappointments: Jets - I felt they had a decent shot at challenging the Pats this year

6. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

MVP: Tom Brady.
    OPOY: Tom Brady.
    DPOY: Tough to call, but I say Demeco Ryans.
    OROY: You must be living under a rock to not say Adrian Peterson.
    DROY: Homer pick, but what the hell. David HArris or Darelle Revis.
    Coach of the Year: Jeff Fisher.

Biggest Surprise: Cleveland Browns.
    Biggest Disappointment: New York Jets.

7. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

MVP: Tom Brady
    OROTY: Peterson

DROTY - Patrick Willis
    Surprises: Browns

Disappointments: The Rams....0-8...you gotta be kidding. :icon_redface:

8. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

MVP: Brady by a mile, then AP
    Off: AP.
    Def: Meco... we should've drafted him #1... :icon_mrgreen:
    OROY: AP again.
    DROY: Landry... can't think of anyone else.
    Surprise: Titans, Packers, Lions.
    Disappointment: The entire NFC West except Seattle (they're about even with what I said)
    Most annoying: Favre, Testaverde, Jeff George. Retire you old bags of wind! :close_tema1:

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

MVP: Come on, is there any other choice? With the way Tom Brady is playing, he will break Peyton Manning's TD record. Brady's on pace for what, 60 TD passes?

OROTY: AP of the Minnesota Vikings. 1,036 rushing yards through the first 8 games of his rookie year. Has a rookie RB ever done that?

DROTY: LaRon Landry

Coach of the year: My vote goes to Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions. 6-2 through 8 games, their best start since 2000.

Biggest suprise: I have to say the Cleveland Browns. How expected them to be 5-3 through 8 games?

Biggest Dissapointment: I'll go with one in each conference. In the AFC, i'll say the New York Jets. Mangenious is gone. They go from a 10-6 team in 2006 to a 1-8 team through 9 game so far in 2007. In the NFC, i'll say the Chicago Bears. Injuries and lack of depth have bit this team in the butt. The media calls it the super bowl curse, it's not that. Yeah, I predicted the Bears to go 12-4 in 2007 but that was with a healthy Bears team.

10. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

MVP: Tom Brady ... the argument could be made his 9 game numbers are worthy alone over 16 games.

OROY: Adrian Peterson ... he's a spectacular RB

DROY: LaRon Landry because I've not seen another one as often and Landry is a real good player.

Coach: Bellicick if they go 16-0. If not, then Jeff Fisher or Romeo Crommel. No one expected their teams to do anything. Romeo has had rumors of firing after week 1 as well.

Offensive POY: Tom Brady ... see above

Defensive POY: TBD --- I have to look at some stats and read up more

Surprise Team & Player: Cleveland Browns and Derek Anderson ... they are going above their status at this time.

Disappointment: Cincinatti, despite the injuries I'd thought they'd be a solid contender in the AFC North.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Mvp- Tom Brady but......where would the Bears be without Devin Hester? He might be the most valuable for his team but Brady's numbers are so tremendous....almost impossible to argue with.

OROY- Adrian Peterson....hands down
    DROY- LaRon Landry
    Coach of the year- Romeo Crennel for mid season vote....we'll see where season ends. Mike Tomlin or Belichek might get my vote then.

Biggest surprise- Packers
    Biggest Disapointment- So many good teams playing so poorly but...Bengals and Niners are my choices.

12. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Were the Niners ever a good team? I consider them like AZ. A lot of talk from analysts about improving but in the end, you don't see much.

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I considered the Niners a rising team and fully expected them to battle for playoff spot this year. Not that it couldn't still happen in NFC West but where is Frank Gore? I know Norv Turner left but ......where is their offense? They still make my list...sorry...bet most Niner fans here would agree that they expected a lot more out of their team this year.

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

MVP: Tom Brady. His numbers are staggering.

OROTY: Adrian Peterson. Shattering records. Best back in the league thus far.

DROTY: Patrick Willis. He's the real deal.

COACH OTY: That dude in NE. Hard to argue with a perfect record and blowing away all opponents expect the undefeated SB champs in their building.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: The Packers. I'll fully admit to being one of those who thought Favre was washed up.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: The Rams. Sure they have had a lot of injuries, but I didn't think they would be winless at this point.

15. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

MVP: Brady - How can it not be.

OROTY: Peterson he could even in the running for MVP

DROTY: Willis The only good part of the 49ers ATM

COACH OTY: Mike McCarthy Done a great job with the Packers

BIGGEST SURPRISE: The Packers, The Browns & Derek Anderson All 3 have been impressive this year.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: The Bears - They just flat out suck this year

16. Spiderman34

Spiderman34 Starter

MVP: Tom Brady

OROTY: AD

DROTY: ?

COACH OTY: Marinelli

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Browns

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Bengals

17. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

MVP- Tom Brady