Yesterday, I published a list of five hot waiver-wire hitters.
Today, it’s the pitchers’ turn.
Here are five hot waiver-wire pitchers, owned in less than 50% of Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball leagues, who could help your fantasy team down the stretch.
- Gavin Floyd, SP, Chicago White Sox (49% owned) – Floyd has been absolutely on fire the past two weeks. He’s picked up two wins and posted a 0.59 ERA while striking out 10 batters. The White Sox are still in the playoff hunt and will need a strong finish from Floyd and others if they are going to continue to contend. So far, Floyd seems to be up to the task and is worth a slot on your roster.
- Josh Collmenter, SP/RP, Arizona Diamondbacks (36%) – Collmenter has been hot all year long and is still not getting the respect he deserves. He’s been on another tear the past 14 days, acquiring two wins and 11 strikeouts while posting a 1.80 ERA. He’s a big reason the D-Backs are still in the hunt for the playoffs.
- Javy Guerra, RP, Los Angeles Dodgers (28%) – Jonathan Broxton might be out for the rest of the season. If that’s the case, Guerra has put his stamp on the closer role for the remainder of 2011. He’s picked up four saves and hasn’t allowed a run in the past two weeks. He’s been one of a very few bright spots for the Dodgers during this dismal season.
- James McDonald, SP, Pittsburgh Pirates (9%) – McDonald and the Pirates have been pitching really well all year long. McDonald has been especially good the past two weeks, earning two wins, striking out 16 batters and not allowing a single earned run. Ride his hot streak and the Pirates hot streak for as long as you can.
- Jason Isringhausen, RP, New York Mets (32%) – With K-Rod out of the mix in New York, the closer job belongs to Izzy. So far, he’s been making the most of it. He’s acquired three saves, one win and has a 0.00 ERA over the past two weeks. As he closes in on 300 career saves, he deserves a spot on your team.