Every year around this time you can wander around different fantasy football websites and read predictions. It always makes me mad how everyone is afraid to go out on a limb and tell you how they really feel! I'm not afraid of controversy, so I'm prepared to make some crazy predictions for the season. I'd like to hear what you think about my predictions so feel free to comment!
Now without further ado...here are the 50 Boldest Fantasy Football Predictions on the Internet.
1. The top 10 QBs will be (in no order):
- Drew Brees
- Peyton Manning
- Carson Palmer
- Aaron Rodgers
- Tom Brady
- Tony Romo
- Donovan McNabb
- Matt Ryan
- Trent Edwards
- Matt Hasselbeck (notice no Warner, Rivers, Schaub or Cutler...)
2. Kurt Warner will play 12 games because of injury.
Kurt Warner is a great real life and fantasy QB, but his health is a major concern. Do you want to rely on a guy who has played a full season three out of eleven seasons?
15. Eddie Royal will be more like Brandon Marshall than Brandon Marshall himself. Royal will end the season with more receptions than Marshall.
16. Kellen Winslow will re-emerge as one of the top ten fantasy tight ends.
17. Chad Ochocinco will return to form and become a fantasy stud.
18. Donald Brown will rush for more yards than Joseph Addai but the two will score the same amount of TDs.
19. Ronnie Brown will be a top 5 RB and score 13-15 combined TDs.
20. Calvin Johnson will continue to impress even with Detroit's quarterback woes. Megatron will be a top 10 WR.
21. Phillip Rivers will not be a top 10 QB. San Diego will go back to featuring LT in the offense so San Diego's passing game will suffer. Rivers will be good but the team won't depend on him to make clutch throws like last year.
22. Because of #21, Vincent Jackson won't post better numbers. He will however post similar numbers.
23. Ryan Grant will not disappoint at all. He will perform better than other fifth round picks like T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Marshawn Lynch, Joseph Addai and Thomas Jones.
24. Antonio Bryant drops off the face of the earth concerning his fantasy productions.
25. Ray Rice will be the leading rusher for Baltimore.
26. Devin Hester will yet again prove he is better suited to return punts and kickoffs rather than be a receiver.
27. Anthony Gonzalez will have less receptions than Wes Welker, but relatively the same yards and TDs.
28. No one in St. Louis will be worthy to start in a ten team fantasy league on a weekly basis. No one. You are thinking about your first round pick Steven Jackson right now and I'm here to tell you he will stink this year, downright stink.
29. Only two of the top five defenses will be drafted.
30. One of those defenses that won't go drafted will be Washington, and they will be the second best defense in fantasy this year.
31. At least two people in your league will draft a defense before the final two rounds.
32. Percy Harvin won't be a great fantasy player this year.
33. Marques Colston will be one of the biggest WR busts this year. Colston will not be the leading receiver and he will only catch 5 TD passes.
34. Terrell Owens will still be a great fantasy WR with 1300 yds and 11 TDs.
35. DeSean Jackson will not drop an easy TD at the one yard line on Monday Night Football...ever again in his life. (Hey we all deserve an easy prediction right?)
I was yelling really loud when DeSean Jackson dropped the ball right here, but I bet Andy Reid was yelling even louder.
46. The Patriots will not have a top ten fantasy defense.
47. Darren Sproles had a great season last year, but this season he will only get 77 carries. He's only worth having as a handcuff, not as a flex starter.
48. Michael Turner is going to a burner, but more along the lines of burning your fantasy hopes. He's not going to play the entire year. Remember the name "Jerious Norwood" for when this happens...
49. Jason Witten will not be a top five tight end.
50. When you come back in January, you will find that 36-40 of these predictions here are correct...mark my words.