I can't say its been fun watching some of the lower tier quarterback competitions around the league. But from the ashes comes... who knows what. For week 1 we have some really tasty match-ups starting with Houston vs New Orleans. New Orleans is projected to be a solid defensive unit but they typically start the season slow on defense. Winston comes in ranked 3rd. Why? Because why not? The hype around Winston has gone parabolic and I'm just going to ride this crap straight into a mountain. Hype or not, he'll be fine against the wet paper bag known as San Francisco.
The Week 1 QB Rankings
|1||Deshaun Watson||HOU||at NO|
|2||Patrick Mahomes||KC||at JAC|
|3||Jameis Winston||TB||vs. SF|
|4||Drew Brees||NO||vs. HOU|
|5||Carson Wentz||PHI||vs. WAS|
|6||Cam Newton||CAR||vs. LAR|
|7||Baker Mayfield||CLE||vs. TEN|
|8||Russell Wilson||SEA||vs. CIN|
|9||Aaron Rodgers||GB||at CHI|
|10||Lamar Jackson||BAL||at MIA|
|11||Dak Prescott||DAL||vs. NYG|
|12||Jared Goff||LAR||at CAR|
|13||Ben Roethlisberger||PIT||at NE|
|14||Kirk Cousins||MIN||vs. ATL|
|15||Tom Brady||NE||vs. PIT|
|16||Kyler Murray||ARI||vs. DET|
|17||Matt Ryan||ATL||at MIN|
|18||Philip Rivers||LAC||vs. IND|
|19||Jimmy Garoppolo||SF||at TB|
|20||Mitch Trubisky||CHI||vs. GB|
|21||Josh Allen||BUF||at NYJ|
|22||Nick Foles||JAC||vs. KC|
|23||Matthew Stafford||DET||at ARI|
|24||Derek Carr||OAK||vs. DEN|
|25||Jacoby Brissett||IND||at LAC|
|26||Sam Darnold||NYJ||vs. BUF|
|27||Joe Flacco||DEN||at OAK|
|28||Marcus Mariota||TEN||at CLE|
|29||Eli Manning||NYG||at DAL|
|30||Andy Dalton||CIN||at SEA|
|31||Ryan Fitzpatrick||MIA||vs. BAL|
|32||Case Keenum||WAS||at PHI|
My Week 1 QB Watch List
These are the guys I'm watching week 1, sexy right? The hope here is we will see a rising star before he moves up the rankings.
- Jimmy Garoppolo - I think it takes several weeks (seasons?) but this guy could become special.
- Derek Carr - With Brown and Williams flanking him he has got to produce this year!
- Mitch Trubisky - I'll have fun watching him scramble for dear life. But it will be more interesting to see if he can consistently connect with his WR core.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick - Because we all need a little Fitz-Magic in our life.
- Jacoby Brissett - I fully expect this guy to bust, but maybe not. He has a better offensive line and WR core than he did in 2017.