It's the most wonderful time of the year. Well, unless you're like me. Roster pulverized by injuries? Check. Took Eddie Lacy in the first round? Check. Defense streaming fail extravaganza? Check. Welp, there's always next year. On the other hand, those of you aces who are still alive and possibly playing for your league title this week need all the information you can get ahead of these crucial week 16 matchups. We're here once again with all of the latest news, injury updates, and sleepers to watch as the games come fast. Don your gay apparel and get your mind and rosters right as we go through our week 16 tight end rankings. You may also want to ask Santa to make sure the likes of Rob Gronkowski and Greg Olsen aren't rested ahead of the NFL Playoffs. After all, fantasy football team lives matter.
Remember: an asterisk (*) next to a player's name denotes a possible injury concern for that player.
Week 16 Tight End Rankings 1-10
1. Rob Gronkowski @ NYJ- Gronk and the Jets. And Belichick. Good times. Ride the beast.
2. Jordan Reed @ PHI- The only thing that can stop Jordan Reed is Jordan Reed. Looked dominant as ever in the red-zone in week 15.
3. Greg Olsen @ ATL- Showed no signs of rust from his week 14 knee injury last week. Lovely matchup against the Falcons.
4. Julius Thomas @ NO- Best matchup of the week goes to Julius, who gets the Saints. He'll probably see Brandon Browner in red-zone situations, so fire him up as a top-5 play this week.
5. Antonio Gates @ OAK- Gates is always so clutch at playoff time. Gets a nice Christmas Eve matchup against the tight end-friendly Raiders.
6. Benjamin Watson vs JAX- Look for Watson to be active as Drew Brees' security blanket against the Jags in a game which figures to see New Orleans try and throw it around plenty.
7. Delanie Walker vs HOU- Whether it's Marcus Mariota (knee) or Zach Mettenberger at the helm, Delanie has become a top-10 starter week-to-week. Titans have nothing to play for whereas Houston is still alive in the AFC South race and may be a bit tight.
8. Gary Barnidge @ KC- Big. Play. Barnidge. Johnny Manziel should be looking his way plenty with so many injuries at the receiver position.
9. Travis Kelce vs CLE- Flipside of that Browns/Chiefs matchup. Got back on track in week 15. Should have himself a day with a solid 7-10 targets against the Browns.
10. Tyler Eifert* @ DEN- Keep an eye on his health as he missed week 15 and hardly played in week 14. If he does go, the Bengals will need him to help maximize A.J. McCarron's skills in the passing game against a tough defense.
Week 16 Tight End Rankings 11-32
11. Richard Rodgers @ ARI
12. Heath Miller @ BAL
13. Austin Seferian-Jenkins vs CHI
14. Zach Ertz vs WAS
15. Kyle Rudolph vs NYG
16. Jason Witten @ BUF
17. Vernon Davis vs CIN
18. Jacob Tamme vs CAR
19. Zach Miller @ TB
20. Charles Clay* vs DAL
21. Will Tye @ MIN
22. Jordan Cameron vs IND
23. Eric Ebron vs SF
24. Vance McDonald @ DET
25. Ryan Griffin @ TEN
26. Coby Fleener @ MIA
27. Luke Willson vs STL
28. Jared Cook @ SEA
29. Clive Walford vs SD
30. Ladarius Green* @ OAK
31. Maxx Williams vs PIT
32. Darren Fells @ PHI
Week 16 Tight End Sleepers
Kyle Rudolph vs NYG- Not a sleeper per se, but a rather tasty matchup against a defense that just got torched by Carolina and Greg Olsen.
Ryan Griffin @ TEN- Not clear who starts at QB for Houston in week 15, but Griffin should provide a security blanket for whomever it may be.
Darren Fells @ PHI- The big fellow has shown he knows how to get loose, and gets a good matchup against the Eagles.
Week 16 Tight End Injuries to Monitor
Tyler Eifert (concussion)
Crockett Gillmore (back)
Charles Clay (back)
Ladarius Green (ankle)
Merry Christmas and good luck in week 16.