We're going to try DFS fades for week 2. If you guys appreciate the article and want to see more fade picks going forward please let me know. Sometimes chalk plays work in DFS. Last week some of the highest owned guys were spotted in the large GPP winning lineups such as Spencer Ware, DeAngelo Williams and Antonio Brown. So when I bring you these fades don't expect a lot of ownership analysis, we're fading for multiple reasons. And as "Pete the Greek" says, don't get cute!
- T.J. Yeldon (RB, JAC) - He's horrible and his TD last week saved his stats. Even if Ivory sits again I'm fading Yeldon until he proves on multiple occasions that he's worth a pick. SD run defense is horrible though so the expected high ownership of Yeldon gives you the perfect opportunity to separate yourself from the herd.
- Devonta Freeman (RB, ATL) - in a full blown RBBC and he'll soon be out-touched by his "backup" on the regular basis. I told you guys before the season started!
- Todd Gurley (RB, LA) - Until the QB situation changes I'm not risking the pick. But once it does he'll be a nice low ownership guy for GPP. I think we will see 3 more weeks of Keenum and then a change at QB. If a change isn't made Gurley is going to have to harness his inner MJD to be of value.
- Mike Evans (WR, TE) - His 45 yard TD saved his week, but that's who he is and that's what he does. This week he gets a mouthful of Patrick Peterson and company, I'll pass.
- Brandin Cooks (WR, NO) - You will call me crazy but Janoris Jenkins shut down Dez last week. This week will be the true test of Jenkins shutdown ability against an emerging 3rd year WR and all pro quarterback. I'm not using him in cash games, fade.
- Jesse James (TE, PIT) - Yes I know his salary is beyond tantalizing but do you really see him hitting value in cash games? Or Exploding in a GPP? I didn't think so. Avoid this AFC North contest which could very well end up being under the OU.
- Allen Robinson (WR, JAC) - Jason Verrett will eat his lunch. Pivot to anyone else in Jacktown.
Despite the projected high ownership I'm not fading these guys in cash or GPP. High confidence bolstered by stats and good ole old fashioned gut checking is all I need to fearlessly play the guys I think are the #1 studs this week.
- Eli Manning
- C.J. Anderson
- David Johnson
- Allen Hurns
- Delanie Walker
- Brandon McManus
- Seattle Seahawks vs LA will probably be 80% owned, for real.