We're rolling into week 2 of the 2016 NFL season and there's a handful of sleepers you need to be aware of this week. These sleepers are recommended if you're looking for solid production in week 2 only. There's no doubt going to be overlap with our waiver wire picks Brendan post early each week. In any event, you can stream these guys in week 2 no problem at all.
- Philip Rivers, SD vs JAC - Last season, without Allen, Rivers dropped around 300 yards and 4 touch downs against the Jags. Rivers is going to have to win this game through the air, playing keep up with Bortles.
- Joe Flacco, BAL at CLE - Flacco is a premier NFL quarterback. Because of his lack of weapons he was avoided in many fantasy football drafts and is probably on your waiver wire. Last week, Flacco hit 10 different receivers, this is a testament to his abilities. Cleveland is Cleveland, no explanation necessary. Count on Flacco for 250 yards and 2 scores.
- Trevor Siemian, DEN vs IND - If you think Luck can produce against the Denver defense, then Siemian is nice streaming option for week 2. The Colts are depleted on defense which makes them easy targets for any NFL quarterback.
- Brock Osweiler, HOU vs KC - Osweiler is an aggressive quarterback that likes to go deep. Will Fuller can take the top off and Brock targeted him more than Nuk last week, oddly enough. KC had issues stopping the pass last week and we could see that again as they adjust to the absence of Justin Houston.
- Shane Vereen, NYG vs NO - This game is going to be a wide open high scoring affair. Vereen will be an exceptional PPR RB with a floor of 11 points and ceiling around 21 points.
- Alfred Morris, DAL at WAS - I love revenge games, and after Morris outproduced (understatement) Elliot last week I can see him getting more touches against his former team.
- Nelson Agholor, PHI at CHI - The Bears gave up around 12 targets to Will Fuller last week. Expect a similar pattern in week 2 and replace the name Fuller with Agholor.
- Mike Wallace, BAL at CLE - If he produces this week he'll move from the sleeper category to the starter category. My issue here is Smith still got a ton of work and Flacco utilized 10 different receiving options. This is a boom or bust sleeper pick if there ever was one.
- Sterling Shepard, Victor Cruz, NYG vs NO - Do we really need to talk about this no duh sleeper pic?
- Kyle Rudolph, MIN vs GB - Rudolph is the teams #2 receiver and gets an upgrade with Sam Bradford at quarterback. Green Bay is going to produce points and Rudolph will be solid in the red zone for the Vikings this week.
- Clive Walford, OAK vs ATL - Atlanta showed us last week they may have some issues covering the TE position. Nevertheless, I think they will game plan around the dynamic due of Crabtree and Cooper. Walford has more than a shot in this potential shootout.
- Jesse James, PIT vs CIN - Miller had some really good PPR points versus the Bengals last season. Look for James to continue that trend in week 2.
- Baltimore Ravens, BAL at CLE - The Browns are missing offensive lineman Alex Mack and Mitchell Schwartz and it showed last week. Look for the Ravens pass rush to thrive in this one making them an excellent week 2 streamer.
Here's how you pick your kicker every week. Pick kickers that are Vegas favorites, especially when playing at home. Pick kickers with a team total of 24 and above.