Week 5 of the NFL season is coming up and maybe you got lucky and you had an exceptional waiver wire pick up last week a la Sean Lee (Who is available in my league. How I have no idea). In case you didn't, I am here to help by giving you the Week 5 IDP Waiver Wire. Best of luck for Week 5.
- Daryl Washington (ARI) : Just in case you are not aware, he is coming back from his suspension, is a top LB and a must start in ALL league formats.
- Danny Trevathan: (DEN) Danny has recorded double digit tackles in 2 of 4 weeks. You can’t ignore facts. If you have room at your LB1 that is what he is.
- Robert Mathis: (IND) Okay, let’s start by clearing the air; he is only 32 and not 40 years old. He has 7.5 sacks on the year and 18 total tackles. He could be in for a big year.
- Alec Ogeltree: (STL): I am amazed I write each week, and almost every week this guy is on my list. Yet he is owned in a paltry 6.3% of leagues. Just pick him up and thank me later.
AT DEFENSIVE TACKLE/END
This is probably the thinnest group of DL and DT in four years, but there are still a few gems that can be had out there.
- Robert Ayers (DEN): As long as Von Miller is serving his suspension, Robert Ayers will continue with solid performances. He has 3.5 sacks so far and will look to add vs. Tony Romo.
- Barkevious Mingo (CLE): He started in Game 2 and since has recorded a sack per game. He will do well against Andy Dalton and the pass heavy Bengals.
- Junior Galette (NEP): He won’t give you tackles, but he will give you sacks. Like I said, this is a thin group of players. So for your bye weeks, 4-5 pts from your DE should be good enough.
At DEFENSIVE BACK:
- Yeremiah Bell (ARI): Okay, he too has been on my Week 2 list, yet he is still only owned in 8.5% of leagues. Despite his 35 years age tag, he is performing really well at strong safety for Arizona.
- Charles Woodson (OAK): This is the 3rd guy above the age of 30 that I am recommending. It took all of two games for Woodson to proclaim himself the leader of this horrible defense in Oakland. But he is producing fantasy numbers and should be on your rosters.
- MD Jennings (GBP): ONLY FOR WEEK 5 as he will be on Megatron the whole time. He will put up tackles and might snatch an interception.