Week 6 was a great week in my IDP League. How did you guys do? The biggest concern heading into week 7 is how do you replace DeMarcus Ware or Jerrell Freeman? These are 2 big IDP names. So in my Week 7 IDP Waiver Wire Pickups piece for this week, I will try to give you a few sleepers who should be available in standard 1 position IDP 12 team leagues.
- Alec Ogeltree: (STL): Well he had a huge game last week, and I expect him to keep getting tackles and big plays every now and then. Grab him for week 7 vs. the Panthers
- AJ Hawk: (GB): He had 3 sacks in week 6. And while he won’t give you sacks every week, he is facing a Cleveland Brown offense which is giving up the 12th most fantasy points to linebackers
- Tamba Hali (KC): He is coming off a huge game, and he now faces a Houston team that is giving up the most points to linebackers through the first 6 weeks of the season. Here is the other bonus with Tamba Hali and a new Texans quarterback T.J. Yates; I would count on 1 or 2 sacks to go along with his tackles.
- Brian Robison (MIN): He has been very good this year and guess who he is facing: Eli Manning! Pick him up if only for this week. I am picking him up. He is my waiver wire pick up of the week.
- Sheldon Richardson (NYJ): Richardsons is having a good season so far, and is going up against a New England offensive line that gives up the 10th most points to defensive tackles. Muhammad Wilkerson and Richardson could give Tom Brady fits on Sunday.
- Elvis Dumervil (BAL): Here is your replacement for Demarcus Ware! Dumervil has had a horrible season, he is available in 30% of ESPN leagues. Pick him up if you can as he is going up the Pittsburgh line who has been very weak to say the least.
- T.J. Ward (CLE): T.J Ward has 36 tackles with two interceptions this season. I am not sure that warrants him a full time position on your roster, but give him a look in week 7 vs. Green Bay.
- Terence Newman (CIN): Another great sleeper for week 7 as he faces Megatron on Sunday.
- Cary Williams (PHI): Again only for week 7. Williams faces Dez Bryant and I think it will be a dirty game. You can expect 7-8 tackles with a solid IDP play.