Week 7 saw some horrible injuries on both the offensive side of things as well as the defense. From Reggie Wayne to Brian Cushing, many players were hit with season ending injuries. Nothing was more horrible then the injury to Jermichael Finley. I hope they all make quick recoveries and will be okay. Now onto week 8. There are many byes this week so be careful who you pick up. Here are a few Week 8 IDP Waiver Wire Pickups for this week.
- Curtis Lofton (NOS): He was on my list 2 weeks ago. Now that New Orleans has taken their bye week, it’s time for him to be picked up in ALL LEAGUE FORMATS. In the last 3 games, he has 28 tackles and 1 sack! He is also facing a very generous Buffalo offense who gives up the 9th most fantasy points to linebackers.
- David Harris (NYJ): He keeps having good weeks, and now faces a Bengals offense who is 3rd in points given to linebackers. He has 29 tackles and 1 sack in his last 3 games, so take a chance and pick him up.
- AJ Hawk (GB): He is clearly on pace for his best season as a pro. Hawk had 12 tackles in week 7. I expect that to remain a trend for the remainder of the season.
AT DEFENSIVE LINEMEN/ENDS
- Calais Campbell (ARZ): I still can’t believe this guy is on the waivers in over 35% of ESPN leagues. Pick him up. The Arizona secondary is very decent!
- Lamarr Houston (OAK): This guy will get to Big Ben. You can count on it. But the question is how many times? I am picking him up this week and dropping an overrated Jared Allen.
- Cameron Jordon (NOS): Jordon is facing the rookie in Buffalo. I hope that is enough to convince you. If it isn’t, maybe his 5 sacks in 6 games will convince you.
- TJ WARD (CLE): In the last 4-5 weeks, Ward has posted big numbers. This is the year we have all been waiting for since his rookie campaign, so let’s cross our fingers and hope he continues this amazing trend.
- Ryan Mundy (NYG): He has had 2 terrible weeks in a row. It’s a gut feeling, but I suspects he rebounds vs. Philly and their up-tempo offense. I don’t blame you if you don’t pick him up, but personally I am picking him up in my league
- DeAngelo Hall (WAS): I admit he wasn't on my list last week, but I like what I saw. He faces Peyton Manning in Week 8 (a bit different from Jay Cutler), yet I still expect him to be all over Peyton’s wide receivers. So good luck.
Best of Luck to all this week and if you need anything, hit me up on Twitter or the forum.